By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DEMON 'S SOUL HOLDS BEST SELLING JRPG OPENING WEEK IN AMERICA THIS GEN

Demons souls is a JRPG

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

While demon souls was made in Japan, it is western influenced to the point that it is pretty much a Westernised Role Play Game. You can not compare it to the likes of Lost Odyssey, that is all.

Also the achievement for this game isn't that great. I mean I am glad it is selling well, hell I love the game, but holding such a long and useless title isn't impressive.

...why do you guys keep wanting the JRPGs of the 'HD consoles' to compete so bad? Is this some kind of extension of the PS3/360 console wars? I mean, I don't want to throw molasses into your honey, but no PS3 or 360 JRPG will ever touch one of the basic DS or PSP RPGs.  Aside from FFXIII (which still will get beat by some DS RPGs like DQIX).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

if this games gets relelased in europe and australia etc, its will sell no less than 3 million copies, on ebay australia each seller has sold 50 coppies and there is like 30 sellers selling this game thats like 8k copies WOW, if this hits retailers in australia and europe

To all the guys that are all gung ho Demon's Souls now, where were you six months ago, eh??

Stop latching onto the game just so you can whore it out in some juvenile attempt to hold it over other people's heads.

Around the Network
sexc_abbas10 said:
if this games gets relelased in europe and australia etc, its will sell no less than 3 million copies, on ebay australia each seller has sold 50 coppies and there is like 30 sellers selling this game thats like 8k copies WOW, if this hits retailers in australia and europe

Um I know I am being a prick once again. I love this game to death but 3 million? Are you serious? It will be lucky to reach 1 million in all markets.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG ever!"

No.

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG on HD consoles this generation!"

Ok.

That's hilarious.

It's also the exact same point WOW was making... yet you and Trollian went insane on him.  What's up with that?

WoW has just been hating on it for a while, and Onyx's post was just a joke.

Which is completly irrelevent.  Points don't change based on your opinion of the person making them.

This all in all was a large failure of a thread.

I think their issue with WoW's comments involved their phrasing.  Calling the sales sad, while true in a sense, was rather unnecessary.  Given the circumstances, the game is peforming as well as one could hope.

FROM SOFTWARE is not crying themselves to sleep in fact I was just at the bar with them dancing to the beat of Pokemon songs they are big fans of "Pokemon Main Theme" and "Pokemon Battle Theme"

makingmusic476 said:

To all the guys that are all gung ho Demon's Souls now, where were you six months ago, eh??

Stop latching onto the game just so you can whore it out in some juvenile attempt to hold it over other people's heads.

Honestly makingmusic I wasn't exactly turned on by the gameplay videos and trailers. It is until you actually play this game that you can really fully enjoy it.

And you know what, I'm going to lock this thread. The title is misleading, which are reasonable grounds enough, but to be honest I just find the thread very annoying.