By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DEMON 'S SOUL HOLDS BEST SELLING JRPG OPENING WEEK IN AMERICA THIS GEN

Slimebeast said:
But it's not a JRPG.

lock the thread before this becomes another debate led by people who haven't played the game, but think they know everything about the title.

Game is a JRPG and the people actually play it, will tell you that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I hope you're joking outlaw or u lost al credibility.

Slimebeast said:

You Lost all Credibility. DS is a JRPG.

who cares if its jrpg or not? its awesome, and its made by a japanese studio, so technically its from japan. i dont see the point in dividing the rpg genre to "w" and "j" and "e" or whatever else letter u put in front of the "rpg". rpg is an rpg, its hilarious how some ppl try to knock a game because its not labeled the right way...

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

DS is not JRPG, it is ARPG

Around the Network

DS is a JRPG with a westernized feel. There is no other genre it could possibly fit into.

Wait DS is made in japan, by a japanese developer and its not a JRPG? But FFXII and FFXIII are? Because this argument is based on the fact DS isn't turn based, well nether is FFXII and FFXIII.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

LOL...pure comedy!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Dexorosorous said:
who cares if its jrpg or not? its awesome, and its made by a japanese studio, so technically its from japan. i dont see the point in dividing the rpg genre to "w" and "j" and "e" or whatever else letter u put in front of the "rpg". rpg is an rpg, its hilarious how some ppl try to knock a game because its not labeled the right way...

the additional letter is to help categorize the game.  since there is a large variety of rpgs.  it actually has to do with what sort of game it is rather than where its from.  they are labelled "japanese" and "western"  because its traditionally where those games were made.  they do not have to be made there to be called that and games made there are not automatically that sort of game.

and no one was trying to "knock" the game.  the game isnt a jrpg, which means the premise of this thread is incorrect.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Slimebeast said:

A smidge, but not about Demon's Souls being a JRPG.

Not a single bit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.