By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DEMON 'S SOUL HOLDS BEST SELLING JRPG OPENING WEEK IN AMERICA THIS GEN

Yeah man, another Poke-killer is thwarted. Back to the drawing board for Atlus, I guess.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

AND IT IS JRPG FOR ALL THAT THINK IT IS NO

outsold LOST ODYSSEY 360

105,000 OPENING WEEK

Pokemon Platinum sold 725,990 copies in America on opening week.

It laughs at Demon's Souls.  The HD console qualifier is lame.  Include them all to see how sad the sales are.

lol

The record will be broken very quickly,Final Fantasy coming

It is a WRPG, JRPG and WRPG are different genres |:

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

dont get handhelds in to this.. they have way bigger install bases then HD consoles..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network
gamelover2000 said:
dont get handhelds in to this.. they have way bigger install bases then HD consoles..

DEMON 'S SOUL HOLDS BEST SELLING JRPG OPENING WEEK IN AMERICA THIS GEN

yo_john117 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

AND IT IS JRPG FOR ALL THAT THINK IT IS NO

outsold LOST ODYSSEY 360

105,000 OPENING WEEK

Pokemon Platinum sold 725,990 copies in America on opening week.

It laughs at Demon's Souls.  The HD console qualifier is lame.  Include them all to see how sad the sales are.

lol

Uffffffff, another failed attempt to surpass Pokemon's sales, i'll guess Final Fantasy XIII will finally do the trick!!! hey, it's in 2 consoles!!!

People really need to get some perspective...

I don't know... I saw that game being played for almost an hour and it sure didn't look like any JRPG I've played or seen played... more like action/adventure with strong RPG elements... it may loosly fit in the same realm as Mass Effect 2.

tphi said:

Oh man ! It awful ! Lost odyssey is beaten by 5k !
I will imediatly burn my copie of Lost Odyssey, I don't wanna hear anything about this game anymore ! I don't have any attention left !! My life has no sense anymore ! I wanna die ! 

Wait...So, it is the "best firt week opening in this generation for a japonese role playing game in america (on HD console only)". It's such a long title to put it in the guiness book of records

You have to add exclusive to the tittle to.

"Best first week opening in this generation for a Japanese role playing game in America on a exclusive PS3 HD console only" 

Wow pretty good sales! Pretty much sold on internet hype alone.