By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD4 Wii dev STATES it has PC like controls, takes JAB at conduit!

CoD4 Wii dev takes jab at The Conduit, states their game has pc like controls

A member of the development team at Treyarch -while answering questions on the Gamefaqs forum- took a little jab at the controls in The Conduit, and explains that they have fixed the biggest control issue in The Conduit.

“I can't discuss other Wii games by name, but I recently played another wii shooter where the cursor kept jittering and jumping all over the place. This particular game had a lot of control options, but there was just no way to get rid of the jitteriness. MW Wii does not have this problem. Controlling your cursor shouldn't feel like you are playing Operation.”

While Wii gamers love the controls in The Conduit, the dev has a point as the controls did jump around once the sensitivity was placed higher. Much like pc’s though this side effect of jittering will not affect Call of Duty: MW Reflex as the developer has stated they are implementing “pc like” controls for the game.

“CoD4Wii has a new ‘Precision aiming mode’ - this is actually my favorite new feature of the game. It's basically an emulation of how PC aiming works, and you're going to notice a huge improvement in how precise your aim is.

Precision aiming mode is brand new for this game, and as far as I know, no other Wii games are using anything like this. I'll spare you the math behind it, but basically, with precision mode OFF, where you are pointing your wiimote determines how fast the camera rotates. If you point at the edge of the screen, the camera is going to rotate pretty fast until you move the wiimote back toward the center of the screen. This is how it works in WAW and most 3d wii games.

People have gotten used to this. But you end up in a lot of situations where the camera just keeps spinning, or where you overshoot or undershoot your target. Precision mode fixes this - instead of moving your wiimote to turn faster, you move your wiimote to point directly at THAT point. It is very much like how aiming with the mouse works on PC shooters. Gives you a much finer degree of control over where your camera goes.”

It will be interesting to see how well this new feature works in the game, but we are getting more excited about the controls for this game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

well we just have to wait and see :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Um, the post needs better formatting.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

he is using wii motion plus right

mM

Hmm and people say they prefer PC FPS shooter controls over wii then there is no reason for them not to get this game.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Hmmm, Wii controls are already better than PC controls... so what's the advantage here?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

it should be fine now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sounds interesting.

I'll buy it when it's in the bargain bin though. Not going to pay full price for a 2 year old port.

i wish developers added mouse and keyboard to ps3 fps games.
it give it a edge on all platform also pc except for graphics.

Chrizum said:
Sounds interesting.

I'll buy it when it's in the bargain bin though. Not going to pay full price for a 2 year old port.

You'll have to wait. World At War is still at full price.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs