By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD4 Wii dev STATES it has PC like controls, takes JAB at conduit!

does it mean that when you move the wiimote the whole screen moves instead of just your weapon?

Around the Network

pc controls and ps2 graphics is nothing to brag about, and make jabs at the conduit which looks better.

Sounds good.

OH... Now its their modified controls excuse. I GIVE UP. Why members here just admits that Tcon sucks especially the HVS  fanboys here? If their modified controls were great HVS should hire them because the preset controls in the conduit sucks

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

CoD: WaW is much better than The Conduit and I expect MW: Reflex to be the definitive Wii FPS

Around the Network
psychoBrew said:
uno said:
God those videos prove how ugly the art of The Conduit was compared to COD WAWii. The lightint is a billion times better.

Strange.  I was reminded of how ugly WaW Wii is.  The Conduit may have looked generic, but the engine is much stronger than the modified CoD 4 engine WaW used.

TCon looks like a PS2 game. I played it. Even yahtzee agree with it. Just google zero punctuation. COD WAW was MUCH BETTER than TCon in art and graphics. Even its just a downscale port.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I enjoyed COD WaW online, but I prefer the 90s feel of Conduit online. That's just my preference. The openess of COD gets on my nerves. I like corridors. Which is useful playing the Conduit!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

yushire said:
psychoBrew said:
uno said:
God those videos prove how ugly the art of The Conduit was compared to COD WAWii. The lightint is a billion times better.

Strange.  I was reminded of how ugly WaW Wii is.  The Conduit may have looked generic, but the engine is much stronger than the modified CoD 4 engine WaW used.

TCon looks like a PS2 game. I played it. Even yahtzee agree with it. Just google zero punctuation. COD WAW was MUCH BETTER than TCon in art and graphics. Even its just a downscale multi-platform release.

Fixed. It wouldn't be a port even if it was made after the other versions.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

much sigh.

So this is now a 3 way. WAW, TC/Wii, PC.

Heres how it is

Accuracy
PC, WAW, TC

Simulation(ie real)
TC/Wii, WAW, PC

First let it be know that PC is the most accurate aiming system for games. I'm pretty sure that this can be a consensus. PC Aiming is great. It's also pretty bad representation of the real thing no matter how good the FPS is. Why, because there is no huge magic reticle over the area where your hand is pointing. Also it's pretty damnd fning alien that your direction equals your gun pointing. It's like your gun never really moves in relation to your body. WTF?

WAW aiming tries to mimic the accuracy pointing of the PC by removing your turning from pointing. How is this more like a PC when you direction is your aiming? will this be more accurate that current FPS pointer shooters yes, because it removes over/under shooting.

TC/others while under/over shooting seems strange. It's actually pretty darn closer to proper simulation shooting than any other form of fps. So if your looking for something imersive in your shooting the class Wii style is the way go with a massive screen.

What's better. Well if people could ever listen to others. None of them. If you like highly unrealistic shooting, but love the accuracy then gosh darn PC all the way no comparison. If you like the simulation of reflex shooting then TC/Wii style is your best bet.

If you want an amalgam of Dual Analog, with pointer accuracy then WAW seems to be your ticket.

Seems to me that all this comes down to taste and none of them area really better than the other.

FYI I like reflex shooting, but the TC level design was mediocre.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

The problem with PC controls is that it's way to easy.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints