By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD4 Wii dev STATES it has PC like controls, takes JAB at conduit!

.jayderyu said:
much sigh.

So this is now a 3 way. WAW, TC/Wii, PC.

Heres how it is

Accuracy
PC, WAW, TC

Simulation(ie real)
TC/Wii, WAW, PC

First let it be know that PC is the most accurate aiming system for games. I'm pretty sure that this can be a consensus. PC Aiming is great. It's also pretty bad representation of the real thing no matter how good the FPS is. Why, because there is no huge magic reticle over the area where your hand is pointing. Also it's pretty damnd fning alien that your direction equals your gun pointing. It's like your gun never really moves in relation to your body. WTF?

WAW aiming tries to mimic the accuracy pointing of the PC by removing your turning from pointing. How is this more like a PC when you direction is your aiming? will this be more accurate that current FPS pointer shooters yes, because it removes over/under shooting.

TC/others while under/over shooting seems strange. It's actually pretty darn closer to proper simulation shooting than any other form of fps. So if your looking for something imersive in your shooting the class Wii style is the way go with a massive screen.

What's better. Well if people could ever listen to others. None of them. If you like highly unrealistic shooting, but love the accuracy then gosh darn PC all the way no comparison. If you like the simulation of reflex shooting then TC/Wii style is your best bet.

If you want an amalgam of Dual Analog, with pointer accuracy then WAW seems to be your ticket.

Seems to me that all this comes down to taste and none of them area really better than the other.

FYI I like reflex shooting, but the TC level design was mediocre.

Again, arcade lightgun shooter with analog controls. Those kind of controls isnt innovative its laziness of the developers and for HVS theyre just lazy. So they covered it up by having the gamer have customization option. COD WAWii was perfect the problem was when using sights I think Treyarch should fix that. HVS only program the controls thats available on the wiimote itself(lightgun arcade shooter controls)

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Why would you make controls more difficult? If PC is too easy, isnt that a good thing?

Maybe you should pull out the power steering of your car and try steering without it.

Controls should be easier.

Thats great for the controls, but damn show some video of the game already. Game comes out in less then a month.

I'm going to continue to be sceptical of this game's quality until they can actually show some footage or anything.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
GianCarmen said:
Thats great for the controls, but damn show some video of the game already. Game comes out in less then a month.

I would say they want the hype for MW2, and will focus on MW1 Wii hype afterwards, as it did work for WaW.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

sounds promising enough

Naum said:
The problem with PC controls is that it's way to easy.

That's why gameplay on PCs is much faster and more intense.

Naum said:
The problem with PC controls is that it's way to easy.

Because consoles controllers including wii-mote doesn't have the precision (nor the speed) of a mouse developer actually make it easier to shoot someone (auto-aim or a larger target area) on a console version of a game than the PC.