By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD4 Wii dev STATES it has PC like controls, takes JAB at conduit!

If this new CofD looks good as the conduit i may buy it ... cuz World at war is a great game but it is so freaking ugly that i just cant play it

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

That could be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.

If gameplay> than graphics, then game = fun.

Conduit was butt ugly. Sure it had some nice shaders on the characters and come decent SFX BUT man the art direction was TERRIBLE.

COD4's art direction blows Conduit away. Gameplay is proven to be great. So just because it doesnt have specular maps and normal maps on characters, COD4 on Wii wont be "playable"?

I don't get that comment.  Sensitivity on The Conduit can be adjusted to eliminate any jitters or jumpiness.  Then you just turn turning speed way up and you get super responsive controls.  The only issue I had with The Conduit's controls was when you wanted anything but the smallest dead zone possible and had a medium or higher turning speed -- the transition between the dead zone and turning was extremely jumpy because you could not set the ramp up speed (it seemed like it was almost all or nothing).  Still, I'm interested to see what this guy came up with.  The Conduit already advanced Wii FPS controls.  If MW Wii advances them even more, that can only be a good thing.  There's no reason for him to take cheap shots at the competition though.

psychoBrew said:

I don't get that comment.  Sensitivity on The Conduit can be adjusted to eliminate any jitters or jumpiness.  Then you just turn turning speed way up and you get super responsive controls.  The only issue I had with The Conduit's controls was when you wanted anything but the smallest dead zone possible and had a medium or higher turning speed -- the transition between the dead zone and turning was extremely jumpy because you could not set the ramp up speed (it seemed like it was almost all or nothing).  Still, I'm interested to see what this guy came up with.  The Conduit already advanced Wii FPS controls.  If MW Wii advances them even more, that can only be a good thing.  There's no reason for him to take cheap shots at the competition though.

Uuh... I played TC and from my own experience I never seen a unresponsive controls in a Wii FPS since MOH Vanguard. In fact, the controls was more jerky than red Steel and COD 3. The adjusting only makes it worse.

I dunno, but seem Wii core gamers just cant accept the truth how mediocre The Conduit was and COD WAW was 100 times better especially in controls that they making things up. I think its because of the hype. And then it blows up in their face.

Even Treyarch admits the controls in Wii FPS was jerky so they improved on it according to fyx. Why would they improve on the controls if the controls isnt broken to begin with.

Lets make a comparison. Anyone played lightgun shooters? Now put up a analog controls on that arcade game and now instead of it on rails you can move your character. Thats what Wii FPS is.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
psychoBrew said:

Uuh... I played TC and from my own experience I never seen a unresponsive controls in a Wii FPS since MOH Vanguard. In fact, the controls was more jerky than red Steel and COD 3. The adjusting only makes it worse.

I dunno, but seem Wii core gamers just cant accept the truth how mediocre The Conduit was and COD WAW was 100 times better especially in controls that they making things up. I think its because of the hype. And then it blows up in their face.

Even Treyarch admits the controls in Wii FPS was jerky so they improved on it according to fyx. Why would they improve on the controls if the controls isnt broken to begin with.

Lets make a comparison. Anyone played lightgun shooters? Now put up a analog controls on that arcade game and now instead of it on rails you can move your character. Thats what Wii FPS is.

If you couldn't adjust the controls right, that's on you.  I had no problem with it.  After getting used to the controls in The Conduit, I have a hard time playing WaW now because the controls for it feel slow and unresponsive.

Around the Network
psychoBrew said:
yushire said:
psychoBrew said:

If you couldn't adjust the controls right, that's on you.  I had no problem with it.  After getting used to the controls in The Conduit, I have a hard time playing WaW now because the controls for it feel slow and unresponsive.

WAIT... WHAT?!! Seriously now I dont know what are you talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Jdnz_NkUg

COD WAW montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwsWOuKzeM

The Conduit montage

But then, just facts which FPS game that still played and its still selling even months later its released. Certainly its not TCon.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

God those videos prove how ugly the art of The Conduit was compared to COD WAWii. The lightint is a billion times better.

I still wanna see the game, I'm not gonna trust them just for a declaration, without any proof of his argument. The game have not evidence of real improvements and controllers are a upgrade of the "Another Game", like extra maps or additional game modes to make this version a good choice for buy.

In some little words, I believe The Conduit will keep as the best FPS for Wii once again.

yushire said:
psychoBrew said:
yushire said:
psychoBrew said:

WAIT... WHAT?!! Seriously now I dont know what are you talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Jdnz_NkUg

COD WAW montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwsWOuKzeM

The Conduit montage

But then, just facts which FPS game that still played and its still selling even months later its released. Certainly its not TCon.

What does that have to do with anything?  *MY* modified controls in The Conduit are much more responsive than the controls in WaW Wii.  Somebody elses video is irrelevant becaue they are not using *MY* modified contol serttings.

uno said:
God those videos prove how ugly the art of The Conduit was compared to COD WAWii. The lightint is a billion times better.

Strange.  I was reminded of how ugly WaW Wii is.  The Conduit may have looked generic, but the engine is much stronger than the modified CoD 4 engine WaW used.