By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

CGI-Quality said:

^^ I'd suggest much less flaming when trying to make a point here man. The site doesn't tolerate it...

The irony.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Badassbab said:
Well I'll soon have a PS3 (next month!) so will compare than. I'm getting a little bored of my 360 (played many of it's best exclusive and multiplat offerings) and I'm dying to play the PS3 exclusives (not many I may add but enough for a working guy like me). Based on what I've seen in video and read, a few PS3 exclusives look better than the best of 360 but I agree with CGI. We haven't really seen a developer go to town with the 360 from the ground up. And to those who think Gears 2 doesn't look that great... WTF? Single player on a large HD screen in full surround sound is an awesome experiance. Better looking than the vast majority of games on both systems.

Just so we're clear, I think Gears of War 2's graphics are great. But at the same time, I don't think they're significantly better than MGS4's (in fact, I don't think they're better at all).

well my friend thinks gears 2 looks better than MGS4.. and when I saw it, I asked him if he was smoking something, YET WE WERE LOOKING AT IT AT THE SAME TIME, and he kept telling me it was the best looking thing he has ever seen.. idk its wierd.. he even said the latest cryengine 3 trailer looked photorealistic and no way in hell that any console could run it, and I said wtf he was on? It had jaggies and very modest looking trees, but if I argue he gets pissed..

He is impressed by graphics too easily..

mM
Slimebeast said:
Yes, CryEngine3 on consoles destroys everything else, but the problem is that I know of no games that are planned for it.

Developers should leave the rotten Unreal Engine already cos it sux compared to CriEngine3, id's Tech 5, Gamebryo, Ubisoft's Dunia engine and other brilliant engines that I cant remember rite now.

Crysis 2 is coming to PS3,360,PC. And its doesnt look too impressive.. there are games like KZ2 (imo) that look better than anything ive seen in that engine.

mM
demon123 said:

MGS 4

Killzone 2

Uncharted 2

Upcoming:

Heavy Rain

Gran Turismo

God of War

I have yet to play or seen any game on other consoles that has better graphics than these exclusives. Do you disagree?

I completely agree... Uncharted 2 is really all you had to list.  What the difference is, I think, is hardware.  Blu-Ray helps, and Devs like Naughy Dog can really just focus on building to the system's strengths.

ethomaz said:
Haste262 said:
Crysis 2 will be the best looking game on both consoles, looking basically the same. Tho if done properly, the pc version will rape em. So a multiplat is going to be the best, looking better than any exclusive.

In the last released video from CryENGINE 3, the PS3 looking better... see 0:48 for comparison.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/beauty-speed-cryengine-3/57638

0.48 doesn't prove anything.

Around the Network

Badassbab said:

0.48 doesn't prove anything.

Yeah... it doesn't prove anything, but PS3 (right) slightly better than 360 (left) .

Those of you that claim that MGS 4 has bland graphics have not played the game. The game has set the standard for graphics when released. Please watch this:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/714044/metal-gear-solid-4/videos/MGS4_vidreview_061208.html

OP needs pics.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

For cripes sake! Yes, it probably does. No, it doesn't mean its 'better' than 360. Why? Because more big PS3 exclusives have PS3 only customised engines built from scratch than the 360.

Oh, and the view in Uncharted 2 from the roof of the hotel in Nepal? Wow. But like I say, that's a custom engine massively tuned to PS3 only vs say Gears 2 running on a multi platform engine, so it should be better.

TBH if certain PS3 exclusives like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 didn't look better something would be wrong, as if you have two equally proficient coders, and one optimizers for a single platform, and the other is optimizing general code for a single platform, the former should always produce better results.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The_God_of_War said:
As of now Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look much better than any console game I've seen. MGS4 is around the level of RE5/Gears 2, I can't say it looks significantly better. Heavy Rain, GOW and GT could be countered by Halo: Reach, Alan Wake and Fable 3 as far as we know.

I'm getting a PS3 next month (for it's exclusives- 360 will still be my main console for multi plat and online.....though one never knows that might change) and personally I thought Batman, Resi 5, Gears, Assasins Creed....they look really good on the 360 (and I know for a fact they look better on 360 than the PS3 versions except of course Gears which is exclusive). So is Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 that much better graphically than any of those games? You use 'much better'... is that what I should expect or is it down to personal artistic tastes?