By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

Damn i accidently pressed post lol. Also i din read that post jus a couple back. Well ill just say, even though crysis isnt an exclusive it does matter when it looks better than any exclusive.

Around the Network

Yes, CryEngine3 on consoles destroys everything else, but the problem is that I know of no games that are planned for it.

Developers should leave the rotten Unreal Engine already cos it sux compared to CriEngine3, id's Tech 5, Gamebryo, Ubisoft's Dunia engine and other brilliant engines that I cant remember rite now.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Yes, CryEngine3 on consoles destroys everything else, but the problem is that I know of no games that are planned for it.

Developers should leave the rotten Unreal Engine already cos it sux compared to CriEngine3, id's Tech 5, Gamebryo, Ubisoft's Dunia engine and other brilliant engines that I cant remember rite now.

Until we see some games running on the hardware, not just the engine, it doesn't sestroy anything.

The CryEngine3 demo must have run on PS360 hardware or else they wouldn't have put 'real time gameplay' and 'Playstation 3' and 'Xbox360' respectively.

And sometimes the final game looks better than a demo. Look GT5 vs prologue for example.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Until we see some games running on the hardware, not just the engine, it doesn't sestroy anything.

The CryEngine3 demo must have run on PS360 hardware or else they wouldn't have put 'real time gameplay' and 'Playstation 3' and 'Xbox360' respectively.

And sometimes the final game looks better than a demo. Look GT5 vs prologue for example.

Prologue was still a GAME, not just a representation of the engine. I'm not saying the engine wasn't impressive, but I can't give it full credit until it is being taken advantage of on a specific title. Doing so doesn't take into account: physics/animations, framerate etc, etc...

But they have a dude with a weapon running around and blowing stuff up in that demo, with stuff breaking. And there were animated dragons and stuff in one part too. And it's been demoed several times in real time in front of audience and the framerate was great.

Crashdown77 said:
inverted3reality said:
PDF said:
reality.

PS3 better but not by enough to use words like dominate or crushes. Overall the average person can tell the ps3 exclusives have better graphics than 360 exclusives but not by enough to make them care

? Uncharted 2 is a generational leap over anything else available on consoles, or will be available until heavy rain, god of war iii and the last guardian.

Nope it sure isn't, but you can keep telling yourself that, I'm sure it'll make you feel very good about your toy. This thread, and the resulting posts, and the fact that it hasn't been labeled as flamebait and closed by the mods tells me all I need to know about the VGChartz community.

/being here

-__- both of you are losers man....

i hate the ps3 fanboy that says "crushes" or "dominates" such nerds.....

and i hate the 360 fanboy that goes "your saying that so that you can make yourself feel better" well you cna sort of understand when 360 fanboys trash talked the ps3 when it first came out...and still trash it today when it clearly has a brighter future imo, so whos really the insecure on?

also whos the idoit saying that ps3 is $400 or more expensive then the 360??

last time i checked the ps3 is $299 and the 360 just changed to $299 (was 329 in canada for a bit after the ps3 slims launch)

the person also went onto say, "your buying a more expensive console for minor graphical improvments"

well i dont think its minor...but with the ps3 that is the same price...you get a Fing blu ray player lol!! compared to the 360 which you have to buy an add on for HDDVD which is dead....

also i dont think HeavyRain has amazing omg graphics, sure the models are rendered very nice but its animated soooooo poorly

same goes to gears 1 and 2, rendering is top notch but the character animations are sooo bad.

therefore i give top graphics to MGS4 and U2/U1 (amasing visuals, amazing animations, amazing tech development and amazing games overall :P)

KZ2 is better then gears2 and U1 but i dont think it deserves to be at the top, it looks amazing, animated ok but the tech is not the greatest (besides i hated the game lol so i maybe bias)

i've only seen screens of both forza 3 and GT5 (so my comparison should be fair) and imho i think GT5 is clearly the winner.

also Batman:AA has top notch graphics?? its good imo but i wasnt blown away.

also why are people bringing up PC? we all know PC is more powerfull but this a console disscussion.

i know this a graphics thread but games are about gameplay 85 - 90% of the time like the wii..............oh wait....

Around the Network

Well I'll soon have a PS3 (next month!) so will compare than. I'm getting a little bored of my 360 (played many of it's best exclusive and multiplat offerings) and I'm dying to play the PS3 exclusives (not many I may add but enough for a working guy like me). Based on what I've seen in video and read, a few PS3 exclusives look better than the best of 360 but I agree with CGI. We haven't really seen a developer go to town with the 360 from the ground up. And to those who think Gears 2 doesn't look that great... WTF? Single player on a large HD screen in full surround sound is an awesome experiance. Better looking than the vast majority of games on both systems.

As of now Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look much better than any console game I've seen. MGS4 is around the level of RE5/Gears 2, I can't say it looks significantly better. Heavy Rain, GOW and GT could be countered by Halo: Reach, Alan Wake and Fable 3 as far as we know.

Badassbab said:
Well I'll soon have a PS3 (next month!) so will compare than. I'm getting a little bored of my 360 (played many of it's best exclusive and multiplat offerings) and I'm dying to play the PS3 exclusives (not many I may add but enough for a working guy like me). Based on what I've seen in video and read, a few PS3 exclusives look better than the best of 360 but I agree with CGI. We haven't really seen a developer go to town with the 360 from the ground up. And to those who think Gears 2 doesn't look that great... WTF? Single player on a large HD screen in full surround sound is an awesome experiance. Better looking than the vast majority of games on both systems.

Just so we're clear, I think Gears of War 2's graphics are great. But at the same time, I don't think they're significantly better than MGS4's (in fact, I don't think they're better at all).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Haste262 said:
Crysis 2 will be the best looking game on both consoles, looking basically the same. Tho if done properly, the pc version will rape em. So a multiplat is going to be the best, looking better than any exclusive.

In the last released video from CryENGINE 3, the PS3 looking better... see 0:48 for comparison.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/beauty-speed-cryengine-3/57638

Just looking at it without getting geeky over textures or some other BS, to me it is slight. More like 1 & 1a for the PS3 & XB360 systems respectively.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?