By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT explains its Uncharted 2 score

9.3 seems like a great score for what is obviously a great game. I don't see why people are complaining about it's review compared to GTAIV. I remember when GTAIV came out and how impressed I was with the game and it was well deserving of it scores. Part of a review has to do with the present company it is up against GeOW2 and several other third person games have come out that have probably watered down the genre so I can understand why the score seems to be lower than some peoples expectations.

Enjoy the game, it doesn't seem anyone will argue that it isn't going to be a blast.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
People are complaining about a 9.3? This is why we have score inflation.

No, they complain about the double-standards that GT have between 360 games and PS3 games.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Why they need to give a explanation about it? They gave it with the Video Review, fanboys can be so annoying expecting their bloddy 21/20 from every single site.

steverhcp02 said:
RageBot said:
TowlieFTW said:
Xoj said:
well halo 3 wasn't innovative, whats the score?

Forge, Screenshots, Fileshare-being able to download things from B.net, Theatre, 4 player co-op, Massive stat tracking on Bungie.net-heatmaps etc., video rendering.

Ignore all of those please.

Don't mind if I will, since all of these existed on the PC WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before bungie created the first Halo :)

Halo 3 is a console game. Its completely unfair to compare console innovation to PC innovation.

What are you serious?

How is it "innovation" to copy something that ALREADY EXISTED?!?!?!

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

theRepublic said:

i am personally not complaining, its just the last part of their comment made me slightly mad.

"be happy we said buy it if you have a ps3""

its like Gametrailers saying "STFU you whiny b$tchs be glad that we cared about your stupid game"

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
theRepublic said:

No, they complain about the double-standards that GT have between 360 games and PS3 games.

I'm guessing you didn't listen to the vid EXPLAINING the difference?

I have, and as I remember it, it was a ridiculous reason.

However, please do enlighten me, and explain me again, so I can understand better.

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
TowlieFTW said:
Xoj said:

Forge, Screenshots, Fileshare-being able to download things from B.net, Theatre, 4 player co-op, Massive stat tracking on Bungie.net-heatmaps etc., video rendering.

Don't mind if I will, since all of these existed on the PC WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before bungie created the first Halo :)

Yes same for Play.Create.Share. on LBP have been done on PC WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY before this game was announced :).  So much for double-standards on your part, amirite?

And I have never, ever in my life praised LBP.

Amirite? :)

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
TowlieFTW said:
Xoj said:

Yes same for Play.Create.Share. on LBP have been done on PC WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY before this game was announced :).  So much for double-standards on your part, amirite?

gametrailers problems. uncharted 2 it's one having double standard

if uncharted 2 can't score because it doesn't innovate. not a single game should get it.

all those mentioned, were way before part of other games.

Halo 3 was about as innovative as a rock on a stick, it got a 9.8. Halo 3 defines "Standard FPS with nothing special about it."

They only gave it a 9.3!?

Those bastards!

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
theRepublic said:

I'm guessing you didn't listen to the vid EXPLAINING the difference?

I have, and as I remember it, it was a ridiculous reason.

However, please do enlighten me, and explain me again, so I can understand better.

Alright, when it comes to innovation do you think that's all interpreted for things not done before in videogames? No, it should be interpreted as things innovated in both the series and other games in it's respective category.  They basically noted, gameplay-wise it's a true-blue sequel it doesn't take any chances on something new and a year-old game did basically all that in this game (be reasonable and exclude platforming elements if you will) and you expect the same score, get real?  When it comes to originality, the reviewer just didn't see any risks taken like that of LBP, SMG, etc etc. for game this gen.

What risks did halo 3, gears of war 2, GTA IV and Fallout 3 take?

And also it's funny how you ignore the fact that Uncharted 2 really did innovate over Uncharted 1, by adding a new multiplayer mode, for example, or adding the a note over each chapter stating how many treasures it has and how many of them you collected, ot the stealth mode... or the machinema mode... man it's fun :)

Now, in case I didn't make myself clear:
I don't care if games are "innovating" or not, I want games to be fun.

Let me ask you a question, does having a completley new plot, much bigger, much better and more complex, with better characters, not innovation?
Who said that this isn't innovation?
Why is it "innovation" in books, but not in games?
A game isn't only about the gameplay, it is also about graphics, story, music etc, a game is about the experience that you have while playing it, and gameplay innovation isn't required for a game to be "innovative".