By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT explains its Uncharted 2 score

Who cares. I hear it's a great game, and 9.3 is a great score, so why get your feathers in a bunch?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
leo-j said:

" No matter what, if a game is not innovative it will NEVER get a higher score than what we gave UNCHARTED 2, when a developer puts together everything that other devs have done its basically a me 2 thing, Uncharted 2 is exactly like the first game, be happy we said buy it if you have a ps3"

Gears of War 1  : 9.1

Gears of War 2 : 9.5

whats innovative about Gears 2?

Uncharted 1 : Single player only

Uncharted 2 : + Online ,  + coop , + matchmaking ++++++++  blah blah blah.

Guess i'll leave you alone in the dark Gametrailers

Horde mode.

SmokedHostage said:
ZorroX said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/gears-of-war-2/6236
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Gears is back--was it worth the wait?

Looks like, Drake is not back, or not so back as Gears...

Now you're just grasping for straws.

Yep. Frankly I think I'll enjoy Uncharted 2 more than Gears 2, but asking any review source to be consistent within 2% doesn't seem that important nor that useful.

The explanation they gave is not to be taken as an absolute rule that was always enforced since the dawn of time. Different reviewers, different times, different moon phases, in the end 9.3 or 9.5 means "a very, very good game".

They take all this flak to put a decimal higher or lower, but then in my head I convert it into something like 1-5 stars. They could save the effort :)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

wow, GTA IV and Gears of War 2 innovative?

I just wanna know how pathetic you guys are for bitching about a 9.3 score. This is like a kid who gets a 95 on his english paper and stays after class badgering the teacher about why he didn't get a 100.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
ZorroX said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/gears-of-war-2/6236
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Gears is back--was it worth the wait?

Looks like, Drake is not back, or not so back as Gears...

Now you're just grasping for straws.

For the highest rated exclusive game this gen so far, yeah - http://www.n4g.com/ps3/games/g-343455/tt/metareviews.aspx?ListType=2&SortBy=reviewscore 
38 scores with 10
25 scores above 9.5

Anyway, looks like for PS3 exclusive games standarts are higher. I mean, why innovation became so important now? And not during Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 release? The game does not have to be innovative, to be great or fun, unless it is exclusive to PS3.

And review is not about opinion, it`s about inform people how good the game is.

Gosh, this thread is going nowhere. :s

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Gears 2 was innovative...? Stupid GT

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

did the same person even review gta whatever and gta 4?

in any case, who cares if they aren't consistent. they obviously liked gta4 more than uncharted2.

has 9.3 ever stopped people from buying a game?

I personally don't watch read their reviews so it doesn't matter to me

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.