By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT explains its Uncharted 2 score

I dont think a game needs to innovative to be good.. GTA IV and KZ2 are examples of that.. *well kz2 has its FP cover mechanic..*

mM
Around the Network
ZorroX said:
SmokedHostage said:
ZorroX said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/gears-of-war-2/6236
Gears of War 2 - 9.5
Gears is back--was it worth the wait?

Looks like, Drake is not back, or not so back as Gears...

Now you're just grasping for straws.

For the highest rated exclusive game this gen so far, yeah - http://www.n4g.com/ps3/games/g-343455/tt/metareviews.aspx?ListType=2&SortBy=reviewscore 
38 scores with 10
25 scores above 9.5

Anyway, looks like for PS3 exclusive games standarts are higher. I mean, why innovation became so important now? And not during Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 release? The game does not have to be innovative, to be great or fun, unless it is exclusive to PS3.

And review is not about opinion, it`s about inform people how good the game is.

Using n4g for review averges is not accurate at all...

Former something....

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
TowlieFTW said:
Xoj said:
well halo 3 wasn't innovative, whats the score?

Forge, Screenshots, Fileshare-being able to download things from B.net, Theatre, 4 player co-op, Massive stat tracking on Bungie.net-heatmaps etc., video rendering.

Ignore all of those please.

Don't mind if I will, since all of these existed on the PC WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before bungie created the first Halo :)

Yes same for Play.Create.Share. on LBP have been done on PC WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY before this game was announced :).  So much for double-standards on your part, amirite?

wait.... there's a full game that is like LBP on PC? =/....

i'm sorry but the truth is that Bungie did the exact same thing as naughty dog, yet they receive a 9.8 for their game and ND gets 9.3 for something that it's done better (cinema mode) (Storytelling)?

also truth is that Epic took some modes from other games and improve them, still it's innovation for GT and it scored 9.5...

also truth is that GTAIV DIDN'T INNOVATE AT ALL. and it scored 9.8...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Mr_Power said:
Halo 3 was about as innovative as a rock on a stick, it got a 9.8. Halo 3 defines "Standard FPS with nothing special about it."

Is it just me or are you slowly creeping towards full Halo hate like everyone else on this site.

OT: Are you seriously, honest to god bitching about a FUCKING 9.3?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  Thats beyond pathetic....

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
theRepublic said:
People are complaining about a 9.3? This is why we have score inflation.

No, they complain about the double-standards that GT have between 360 games and PS3 games.

I'm guessing you didn't listen to the vid EXPLAINING the difference?

I have, and as I remember it, it was a ridiculous reason.

However, please do enlighten me, and explain me again, so I can understand better.

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:
TowlieFTW said:
Xoj said:
well halo 3 wasn't innovative, whats the score?

Forge, Screenshots, Fileshare-being able to download things from B.net, Theatre, 4 player co-op, Massive stat tracking on Bungie.net-heatmaps etc., video rendering.

Ignore all of those please.

Don't mind if I will, since all of these existed on the PC WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before bungie created the first Halo :)

Yes same for Play.Create.Share. on LBP have been done on PC WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY before this game was announced :).  So much for double-standards on your part, amirite?

And I have never, ever in my life praised LBP.

Amirite? :)

I'm not sure but you did fail to mention double standards on one certain game and not the other for getting it's higher praises as well i.e. being reasonable ;).

Well, instead of trying to argue about what I said, you now argue about things I didn't say...

Well than, i'll just say that LBP doesn't offset all of the game i've mentioned earlier

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Mr_Power said:
Halo 3 was about as innovative as a rock on a stick, it got a 9.8. Halo 3 defines "Standard FPS with nothing special about it."

Is it just me or are you slowly creeping towards full Halo hate like everyone else on this site.

OT: Are you seriously, honest to god bitching about a FUCKING 9.3?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  Thats beyond pathetic....

9.3 would be fine if the games that were not as good as it got rated lower.

The problem is, they never knocked points off of gears of war for being a killswitch clone, Halo 3 for being a clone of halo 2 and every other fps in existance, and games like fable ii for bringing NOTHING innovative to the table. They will certainly not take any points off modern warfare 2 either. GTAIV? We got paid shit loads of money so lets not knock them for being absolutely the same as every other GTA game.

The point is, uncharted 2 is perfect. Perfect in every single way. it is the single greatest game ever crafted and they have to make bullshit excuses to take points off of it. THAT IS THE ISSUE. 9.3 would be FINE if Halo 3 got a 9.3. Gears of war 2 getting a higher score is an absolute joke.

Mr_Power said:
yo_john117 said:
Mr_Power said:

The problem is, they never knocked points off of gears of war for being a killswitch clone, Halo 3 for being a clone of halo 2 and every other fps in existance, and games like fable ii for bringing NOTHING to the table. They will certainly not take any points off modern warfare 2 either. GTAIV? We got paid shit loads of money so lets not knock them for being absolutely the same as every other GTA game.

The point is, uncharted 2 is perfect. Perfect in every single way. it is the single greatest game ever crafted and they have to make bullshit excuses to take points off of it. THAT IS THE ISSUE. 9.3 would be FINE if Halo 3 got a 9.3. Gears of war 2 looks like a indie game developed for a school project when compared to uncharted 2, THAT IS THE ISSUE. not the score, the REASON.

The point is... That is purely your opinion.

As the review is purely the other guy's opinion.

Get a grip and stop complaining because a game only got a AAA rating.

Carl2291 said:
Mr_Power said:
yo_john117 said:
Mr_Power said:

The problem is, they never knocked points off of gears of war for being a killswitch clone, Halo 3 for being a clone of halo 2 and every other fps in existance, and games like fable ii for bringing NOTHING to the table. They will certainly not take any points off modern warfare 2 either. GTAIV? We got paid shit loads of money so lets not knock them for being absolutely the same as every other GTA game.

The point is, uncharted 2 is perfect. Perfect in every single way. it is the single greatest game ever crafted and they have to make bullshit excuses to take points off of it. THAT IS THE ISSUE. 9.3 would be FINE if Halo 3 got a 9.3. Gears of war 2 looks like a indie game developed for a school project when compared to uncharted 2, THAT IS THE ISSUE. not the score, the REASON.

The point is... That is purely your opinion.

As the review is purely the other guy's opinion.

Get a grip and stop complaining because a game only got a AAA rating.

You know this complaining will only go up in time from the media giving out 90-100 at an alarming rate, but then again I just dislike the idea of any game getting a perefect...

Former something....

Mr_Power said:
yo_john117 said:
Mr_Power said:

The problem is, they never knocked points off of gears of war for being a killswitch clone, Halo 3 for being a clone of halo 2 and every other fps in existance, and games like fable ii for bringing NOTHING innovative to the table. They will certainly not take any points off modern warfare 2 either. GTAIV? We got paid shit loads of money so lets not knock them for being absolutely the same as every other GTA game.

The point is, uncharted 2 is perfect. Perfect in every single way. it is the single greatest game ever crafted and they have to make bullshit excuses to take points off of it. THAT IS THE ISSUE. 9.3 would be FINE if Halo 3 got a 9.3. Gears of war 2 getting a higher score is an absolute joke.

Humans cannot create something that is absolutely perfect.  There is no debating that.

I'm sick of people comparing Uncharted to gears of war like gears was the first third person shooter ever created or something.