By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 GRAPHICS = BETTER than REALITY -- wow!!

He's just saying that in real life you don't always watch a race with crystal clear atmospheric conditions, for instance. Sometimes, light overexposure or a bad adjusted focus of the lens doesn't help to achieve the best image quality in the recording/broadcasting/photography of real races.

He's not saying that GT5 graphics look more real than reality.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@CGI

didn't we deduce that in some places IT LOOKS LIKE REAL LIFE

It's HD TV.  Its got better resolution then the real world.

For now it might look better, but once god updates to RL 3.46*10^43 Deferred Rendering graphical engine, we'll see no difference.

JamesCizuz said:
For now it might look better, but once god updates to RL 3.46*10^43 Deferred Rendering graphical engine, we'll see no difference.

How longs he been working on that damn thing?

Jeez, he's almost as bad as PD at getting things out the door.

Dallinor said:
JamesCizuz said:

Umm...that's a little unnecessary, dude. There are religious people here, you know.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

It's good that PD don't overhype their game like Turn 10 does.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wow, talk about bullshit. He didn't say it looks better than reality at all.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

Better than reality? What planet are these guys living on? For once it would be nice to have an industry insider not over-proclaim whatever product it is they are shelling out. Seriously lame. Lifelike? okay, sweet - let's do this. Better than reality? Super duper extrapoopular L-A-M-E. Why not claim it drives better than real life too? I mean, who needs the experiences other than visuals and sounds anyways right? Oh yeah.. thats why the little controller rumbles.

Uberkiffer said:
Better than reality? What planet are these guys living on? For once it would be nice to have an industry insider not over-proclaim whatever product it is they are shelling out. Seriously lame. Lifelike? okay, sweet - let's do this. Better than reality? Super duper extrapoopular L-A-M-E. Why not claim it drives better than real life too? I mean, who needs the experiences other than visuals and sounds anyways right? Oh yeah.. thats why the little controller rumbles.

Go back and read the article. Not just the title.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Dallinor said:
JamesCizuz said:

Well last update he fucked the server and the database had to be erased. That SQL database had entrys for every single atom in the universe. Far be for god to do fucking backups, so if the atoms are not located anywhere, they go to original position or point Zero. Then god was like, fuck and installing RL 3.459*10^42 and that restarted the movements of atoms/energy, big bang was just loading the drivers.