By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 GRAPHICS = BETTER than REALITY -- wow!!

Uberkiffer said:
Better than reality? What planet are these guys living on? For once it would be nice to have an industry insider not over-proclaim whatever product it is they are shelling out. Seriously lame. Lifelike? okay, sweet - let's do this. Better than reality? Super duper extrapoopular L-A-M-E. Why not claim it drives better than real life too? I mean, who needs the experiences other than visuals and sounds anyways right? Oh yeah.. thats why the little controller rumbles.

No matter what planet you are on life and stuff looks the same quality. God, it's all running on the same engine -.-.

Around the Network

nithing is better than reality so either he is joking or he needs to shut up.

880user088 said:
nithing is better than reality so either he is joking or he needs to shut up.

Maybe you should read the article first.

He said in real life you rarely get the perfect condition like the game.

Better than real life? Rubbish at best.

That's acceptable. After all, reality has more tracks and cars than in the game, and content is more important than visuals. :P

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network

Oh dear people, read the damn article. He's saying that in game, as the developers control all the settings, they can make the look of the game artistically and aesthtically more pleasing then you would get in real-life. A situation you rarely get in reality.

Take the cars for instance, they always look like they're brand new and shiny, not a scratch or a piece of dirt on them. NO car looks like that in real-life unless its just come out the factory! In game they're always perfect. Thats more or less what he's saying.

Another day, another misleading thread title from Darth.

Ah man, good times...

Scoobes said:
Oh dear people, read the damn article.

That's not going to happen. People keep entering here to criticize without reading the whole article nor the previous posts.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

kowenicki said:
Misinterpreted by some here

He doesnt mean what he appears to be saying... I take it that he means that the conditions, lighting, mood etc in the game are better than you get in real life most days.

Pretty much every game is better than reality by that measure. Gran Turismo 1 sure is as it was always a nice day with perfect lighting in that game.

He doesnt mean it look more real than real life... thats impossible anyway.

So what he's saying is that GT5 doesn't have weather effects other than the sun?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
kowenicki said:
Misinterpreted by some here

He doesnt mean what he appears to be saying... I take it that he means that the conditions, lighting, mood etc in the game are better than you get in real life most days.

Pretty much every game is better than reality by that measure. Gran Turismo 1 sure is as it was always a nice day with perfect lighting in that game.

He doesnt mean it look more real than real life... thats impossible anyway.

So what he's saying is that GT5 doesn't have weather effects other than the sun?

That could be a good point, but it isn't because even virtual weather effects can be more stylized than real life.

The quality of the image can still be great because it won't be affected negatively by those weather effects. In 3d graphics the artists and programmers choose how things are displayed. It's just that simple.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!