By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-Go (30,000 First Week Sales) A Flop ?

Sounds fine. SONY doesn't expect this thing to be the bulk of sales. It's simply to increase overall profitability.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

We will know when we see how it effected the bottom line on Sonys books.

the Go never was touted as being a savior or DS killer. Its just a nice new option for people if it suits them. Im not sure where these insane expectations even came from in regards to it "flopping"

If it makes sony money, its doing its job.

ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:
Not a flop at all. If Sony make $100 off of each Go sold they just made $3 million in a week in Americas alone. Even if they make half of that off of the Go, they took in $1.5 mill. Not bad at all. I don't see much legs, but that isn't what this was intended for. It was mainly just to test the waters of DD and make Sony a quick buck.

When you have lost $3 billion on the PS3, 3 million is merely a drop in the bucket.

Of course 3 million is a lot to you and me, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Wii Fit probably made more money this week than PSP Go.

It still making Sony money, no matter how you try twist it.

OT- I think this is just from NA launch. EU/Others should be higher than that so lets say it's done about 75k this week.

For a handheld as expensive as it is, i think that's rather good and it is plenty of profit for Sony.

tedsteriscool said:
ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:
Not a flop at all. If Sony make $100 off of each Go sold they just made $3 million in a week in Americas alone. Even if they make half of that off of the Go, they took in $1.5 mill. Not bad at all. I don't see much legs, but that isn't what this was intended for. It was mainly just to test the waters of DD and make Sony a quick buck.

When you have lost $3 billion on the PS3, 3 million is merely a drop in the bucket.

Of course 3 million is a lot to you and me, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Wii Fit probably made more money this week than PSP Go.

$3 million = 1 PSN game. Or Tens of thousands of Slim losses compensated for. It's quite substantial.

How about 300k that were shipped to retailers world wide? thats what $300 million in revenue?

mM

It might not be so profitable once you add in the other costs like R&D, production tooling, marketing, network infrastructure, etc. In addition, it tied up development staff which could have been working on a better iteration of the product.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:
It might not be so profitable once you add in the other costs like R&D, production tooling, marketing, network infrastructure, etc. In addition, it tied up development staff which could have been working on a better iteration of the product.

well considering those 30k go's need some games, its PURE profit for sony on PSN.

mM
leo-j said:
tedsteriscool said:
ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:

$3 million = 1 PSN game. Or Tens of thousands of Slim losses compensated for. It's quite substantial.

How about 300k that were shipped to retailers world wide? thats what $300 million in revenue?

assuming they make $100 on each one it would be a profit of $30 million.

leo-j said:
Grimes said:

well considering those 30k go's need some games, its PURE profit for sony on PSN.

Overall, it would be like pissing into the wind. Sony needs to make up billions, not millions. They need to be focused on the billion dollar makers, not the million dollar makers.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

..............30k isn't impressive.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Grimes said:
leo-j said:
Grimes said:

Overall, it would be like pissing into the wind. Sony needs to make up billions, not millions. They need to be focused on the billion dollar makers, not the million dollar makers.

Pennies make Pounds.

Every Little Helps

Cents make Dollars.

Etc...