By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-Go (30,000 First Week Sales) A Flop ?

Dgc1808 said:
Sounds fine. SONY doesn't expect this thing to be the bulk of sales. It's simply to increase overall profitability.

when did sony say this? link please

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
While everyone is on the PSP Go = Failure bandwagon, I just have to ask.

How is Nintendo and Microsoft's digital distribution only portable gaming systems selling?

At least thank Sony for being the ones taking the risk and stopping your beloved companies from flopping out of the starting gate.

agreed  buti think sony made a stupid move by branding this as an upgrade to the psp rather than a psp2 but i am not the boss.

hello how are you.

Maynard_Tool said:
Oh my... how everything changes. Now people are saying that is not a flop b/c of the money it makes? I'll remember that

i know right!?

gamecube all of a sudden isnt a flop but the king of last generation!

hello how are you.

Mr_Power said:
it did very well~! i'm very surprised. :) Add in about 30-50k from EU (maybe higher due to free GTP) and you have about 80k. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

consider that people probably bought 2-3 items each on their gos (I bought 24 titles) you can look at about 150,000 game sales for the platform on week one netting sony a nice amount of cash.

This is a fallacy, poisenous in an argument or statement. Its called the base rate fallacy. look it up

hello how are you.

Mr_Power said:
edit: remember, this isn't a new platform launch. this is just an alternative to the psp and a nice experiment for sony on digital distribution. this is not a dslite, this is not a dsi. the dslite was the psp2000 and the dsi is the 3000. this is just another venue for sony to make money. its designed to be pure profit.

You are all forgetting the money earned on games, periferals(they're all proprietary) and the like.

I expect psp to be hugely profitable for sony while the ps3 continues to rise.

I did get GTP on umd though and a new 3000 as well. I just want my favorite games in disc format.

spent 400$ on the go though in games :)

designed to be pure profit? although it probably was(with a price of $250, yikes) where are your LINKS???

hello how are you.

Around the Network

The definition of biased statements based on a vicious hate for a corporation that has done nothing wrong to you.

Look it up.

@ Paperdiego:

You wanted a lot of Links?

Mr_Power said:
The definition of biased statements based on a vicious hate for a corporation that has done nothing wrong to you.

Look it up.

fallacy number 2

Ad hominem: an argument that attacks the person who holds a view or advances an argument, rather than commenting on the view or responding to the argument.

(=

hello how are you.

tedsteriscool said:

@ Paperdiego:

You wanted a lot of Links?

*love*

hello how are you.

PSP go sales did good to me. The PS3 Slim hasn't been out to long so people can't buy both right away. If Sony would have saved the PSP Go til next year then it would have more sales I believe.  Sales will be higher during the holidays.