By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-Go (30,000 First Week Sales) A Flop ?

BIG Flop imo

I was correct all along

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

You have to weigh up several factors into this discussion, none of them we really know.

1) How much more money does Sony make on average for a PSP-Go than on a PSP (including software sales)

2) How much money did it cost to develop the PSP-Go

3) How much money could Sony have made from development with the resources used to develop the PSP-Go if used on other projects

4) How much have the Sony brans of PSP and Playstation been decreased or increased in value by the PSP-Go

Personally I think a relaunch of the PSP could have been much more successful than that of the PSP-Go.

You think Sony will have the quickest price drop for one of it's units?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

PSP Stop is going to face some competition from Iphone and DSi...I've jsut got my Zune HD, and I'm looking at the DS as my gaming portable...I just need a better selection of strategy and RPGs then I've seen on the DS...too many games with cute creatures for my taste.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

While it most likely is making money on each one sold based on production costs, my question is:

How much did it cost to develop?

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network

That's America only isn't it? That's not too bad.

You also have to remember, if the sales are low enough, they won't bother making a downloadable version and just release the regular UMD instead. Userbase is quite important.

PSPGo is a Disgrace to the PS family. :/

Why all of a sudden after launch people had SW type expectations? Just a few weeks ago people were saying PSP Go won't sell. Now it sells more than the 3000 did last week... 30k is hardly a flop.

letsdance said:
Why all of a sudden after launch people had SW type expectations? Just a few weeks ago people were saying PSP Go won't sell. Now it sells more than the 3000 did last week... 30k is hardly a flop.

Because it was a launch day system and for launch day that is very low.

Esp now that some UK retailers already lowered the price since they refuse to order any more units.

I am fairly sure Sony sent out like any good console maker would shipped at least  200+ thousand units or more but only sells 30,000?

even the total flop GBA Micro did better. PSPgo is in a very similar situation.