By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP-Go (30,000 First Week Sales) A Flop ?

As seen in this article from out site (Please Digg It)

"PSP Go saw only around 30,000 units sold last week - total PSP sales up significantly on previous weeks but still disappointing compared to the recent PS3 slim launch."

Not much for a launch, how do you see the legs?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

HUGE flop. Sales will only go down, and unless they allow people to do the UMD conversion, don't expect much from the PSP Stop. :/

Not a flop at all. If Sony make $100 off of each Go sold they just made $3 million in a week in Americas alone. Even if they make half of that off of the Go, they took in $1.5 mill. Not bad at all. I don't see much legs, but that isn't what this was intended for. It was mainly just to test the waters of DD and make Sony a quick buck.

I see it holding 30k for a couple of weeks, maybe going up and down, ioi did say it "started" slow.

Add that to some 25k PSP sales, and you have the PSP knocking on the 360's sales in the americas, I suspect OTHERS the PSP may outsell the 360, and in JAPAN the GT psp bundle should boost psp up to around 30-40k, which may put PSP over 360 world wide.

mM

Well let's give it some time first. I mean selling that $250 price point isn't going to necessarily be easy but hasn't been out long enough to justify a flop. I think a lot of us, maybe including Sony, might have expected more but really can't judge it as a flop yet. Let's give it a holiday season to see how it continues to help PSP sales. But if PSP isn't able to change it's position to at least getting back on to last year's sales then we may have a problem.

But right now I think 30,000 is pretty good just for America. I await Japanese and European sales as well.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Not a flop at all. If Sony make $100 off of each Go sold they just made $3 million in a week in Americas alone. Even if they make half of that off of the Go, they took in $1.5 mill. Not bad at all. I don't see much legs, but that isn't what this was intended for. It was mainly just to test the waters of DD and make Sony a quick buck.

When you have lost $3 billion on the PS3, 3 million is merely a drop in the bucket.

Of course 3 million is a lot to you and me, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Wii Fit probably made more money this week than PSP Go.

The legs should be good from word of mouth to casuals.

It sold more then the total amount of PSPs last week. Without a UMD transfer program in America it's likely that the people that bought PSP GO were new customers and not just people upgrading.

Also, I'm predicting that on Nov. 1st when it releases in Japan, another huge number of games will be added to PSN. Which might improve sales globally.

I'm surprised it sold anything TBH.

psp nogo confirmed lol

ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:

When you have lost $3 billion on the PS3, 3 million is merely a drop in the bucket.

Of course 3 million is a lot to you and me, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Wii Fit probably made more money this week than PSP Go.

$3 million = 1 PSN game. Or Tens of thousands of Slim losses compensated for. It's quite substantial.