By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is HYPED for Dragon Age ORIGINS? - Game looks AMAZING!

tombi123 said:
Absolutely!

Please don't compare Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age to Oblivion, it will put people off DA get their hopes up way too high.

Fixed

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Slimebeast said:

Dragon Age will not be anything near the insane quality and huge scope of Oblivion, but I believe it will be a great game.

Oblivion crushes every other RPG (except for it's lil brother Morrowind).

Dragon Age will hover around 90% on Metacritic. Should sell over 2.5 million on PS360 alone.

Oblivion is failure as a RPG especially with leveling system.

Hmm my level depends on main skills i chosen and enemies scale to my level- ok let's make some useless shit i'll never be using my mains.

Oh road let's keep jumping on it till i reach another city so i can level my acrobatics a bit.

Oh hill let's jump down from it it will give me boost to acrobatics and i can level up healing spell a bit.

And there's no chance for 2,5 milions on consoles if you look at polls on Bioware site majority of people voting there said they want it on pc.

M8, Oblivion has hundreds of characteristics that make it the best game ever created. A slightly flawed level system doesn't affect that. Oblivion is the most highly reviewed and best selling RPG in this generation. 94% on Metacritic.

Yes, most people will prefer the PC version, especially forum readers, but I believe Dragon Age has a chance to sell 1,5 mill X360 and 1 mill PS3 if it get's high reviews (+90%). Mass Effect sold 2.5 mill on X360 I think. Oblivion sold 3 mill on X360 alone. It also has got EA behind it and they know how to sell games. Dragon Age has got a big and slick market campaign. Plus there's a drought of WRPGs. Plus pre-order numbers are high according to VGC.

How many copies u believe it will sell??

Day one for PC. I believe this will be very good. =P

I'm pretty sure it will sell below Mass Effect on consoles.

ME was rpg lite well adjusted to mainstream gamers.
Kotor 1 with Star Wars fanbase sold 2M.
DA which is more of NWN/Kotor mix and lacks well known universe will sell 1-1,5M on x360.

And with no Bioware game released on sony machines previously I estimate PS3 version will sell 300-500k.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Slimebeast said:

Dragon Age will not be anything near the insane quality and huge scope of Oblivion, but I believe it will be a great game.

Oblivion crushes every other RPG (except for it's lil brother Morrowind).

Dragon Age will hover around 90% on Metacritic. Should sell over 2.5 million on PS360 alone.

You should quit your day job and become a comedian.

Around the Network

I'm excited for it!

Probably going to buy a PS3 version and a PC version when it comes out... not sure yet.

Slimebeast said:
tombi123 said:
Absolutely!

Please don't compare Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age to Oblivion, it will put people off DA get their hopes up way too high.

Fixed

Not hyped, but, will still buy it

I can't imagine DA not doing amazing sales. Bioware has an amazing design skills. Having said that this will be a game that most of my friends and I will be passing on as was JE and ME. Though I did end up playing ME. For the most part we end up going back to NWN. NWN was a perfect blend of community tools and Multiplayer design. BioWare seems to have left the multiplayer design in favour of well developed burst sales rather than longevity. While DA will be a great game and worthy of lot's of attention. I feel that this game isn't for me and my multiplaying friends.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

^ Does Dreagon Age have any multiplayer mode btw? No it doesnt i fink.