By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10: Nothing on the Market is Within Years of Forza 3

Forza 3's Game Director, Dan Greenawalt, told x360a at a Forza 3 event in London this week that there's nothing on the market that comes close to simulating what Forza 3 does.

Greenawalt pined, "I play a lot of racing games, including PC racing games and I have not seen anything that is even within years of what we’re delivering here."

"Part of that actually meant visiting McLaren and seeing the simulator that they train on. I’ve seen other race teams as well and some of their simulators. We were kind of able to learn from each of them and incorporate a lot of that. So I think it would be hard for someone to match that," the outspoken Creative Director added.

Greenawalt later noted, "We have the best simulator around. You’re not going to find another one that’s even close, so if you turn off all the assists, you’re driving with a clutch, even on a controller, you’re driving. There’s tire flex, body flex and unsprung weight on the tires. You turn all the assists on, a 6 year old can play it."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3603-Turn-10--Nothing-on-the-Market-is-Within-Years-of-Forza-3.html

Turn 10 back to their old ways.

Around the Network

I can't stand people like that :s.

Is turn 10 the SONY of 2005/2006?

I think so

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nothing on the market... of course not GT5 isn't out until march 2010.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Well, so far the graphics and damage model have disappointed. Forza 3 may well end up making it onto the list of most overhyped games of all time if these guys don't keep quiet.

Around the Network

can he say "denial" ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I think it's possible he's right. The demo was great -also very good user reviews, nearly 5 of 5 stars- and now I'm waiting for the reviews.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Wow.....kowenicki your defending this arrogant statement, look where arrogance got SONY

Turn 10 should be weary, the amount of backlash they could get is huge.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oh lukey the PS3 fanboys are here.

Well, they did compare Forza to PC simulators. I wouldn't even dare to compare GT to driving simulators, because the GT-R series completely destroy any console game when it comes to real life physics, car deformation, car tune-up, track perfomance, dynamic weather, damage affecting performance, and other parameters as well.
Hell, even Grand Prix Legends is a better simulator than every console simulator.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"