By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10: Nothing on the Market is Within Years of Forza 3

papflesje said:
@ hephaestos: Sony got a hammering all around for statements that are untrue. Forza 3 should get a hammering for the same thing.

It's weird that when A does it, they get abuse, but when B does it, those same people start defending it.

Sony has said a LOT of wrong stuff in the past and have gotten burnt because of it. Forza 3-people should get the same treatment. "nothing is within years of"? Laughable.

I do find that a bit odd, however Turn 10 is producing one game that they feel is years ahead of anything on the market (that is an opinion btw), Sony flat out lied. So, I fail to see how you can compare the two.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
Jaaau! said:
Porcupine_I said:

Besides, the Creative Director practically claims Forza 3 is better then the Simulators the Race-Teams use.

And they sell it for 59.99$ !!

@Sweep

indeed.

so...the Racing-Teams will be all over it?

:D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Jaaau! said:
Porcupine_I said:

Besides, the Creative Director practically claims Forza 3 is better then the Simulators the Race-Teams use.

@Sweep

indeed.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONGER! Turn 10 NEVER claimed that Forza3 was better than the simulators that race teams use. They said they got to look at them and "learned" from them This means that Forza 3 will be CLOSE to simulators, meaning that few, if any, racing teams will be giving Forza 3 a second look. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:
papflesje said:
@ hephaestos: Sony got a hammering all around for statements that are untrue. Forza 3 should get a hammering for the same thing.

It's weird that when A does it, they get abuse, but when B does it, those same people start defending it.

Sony has said a LOT of wrong stuff in the past and have gotten burnt because of it. Forza 3-people should get the same treatment. "nothing is within years of"? Laughable.

I do find that a bit odd, however Turn 10 is producing one game that they feel is years ahead of anything on the market (that is an opinion btw), Sony flat out lied. So, I fail to see how you can compare the two.

It's all a matter of scale and of th eimportance of the source:

If your local burger place promisses you that you can come to the restaurent because there is no swineflu risk in their restaurant and they lied,  dozens of people get sick after eating there, it's bad but nothing's gonna happend, they should have known better.

If the minister of health of your country lies in the same way, and hundreths of thousands get sick because they consequently did not take precautions, it's a lot more troublesome.

Sony is much more important than these guys and their words have more consequences, hence the different reactions.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
ironman said:
papflesje said:

It's all a matter of scale and of th eimportance of the source:

If your local burger place promisses you that you can come to the restaurent because there is no swineflu risk in their restaurant and they lied,  dozens of people get sick after eating there, it's bad but nothing's gonna happend, they should have known better.

If the minister of health of your country lies in the same way, and hundreths of thousands get sick because they consequently did not take precautions, it's a lot more troublesome.

Sony is much more important than these guys and their words have more consequences, hence the different reactions.

Yeah, that really fails hard. Turn 10 is stating an opinion, Sony lied, see the difference there? 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Around the Network
ironman said:
Porcupine_I said:
Jaaau! said:
Porcupine_I said:

@Sweep

indeed.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONGER! Turn 10 NEVER claimed that Forza3 was better than the simulators that race teams use. They said they got to look at them and "learned" from them This means that Forza 3 will be CLOSE to simulators, meaning that few, if any, racing teams will be giving Forza 3 a second look.

"Forza 3's Game Director, Dan Greenawalt, told x360a at a Forza 3 event in London this week that there's nothing on the market that comes close to simulating what Forza 3 does."

That is from the fist post, and it does NOT say "only Console" or "Console and PC"  he is pretty much taking on the rest of the world!

but you are right too! <-- see what i did there?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ironman said:
Sweep said:
Well... Grand Prix Legends (Papyrus/Sierra) is on the market since 1998 and I sugest Mr Greenwalt to look at the setup possibilities. GPL has features that leave F3 light years away behind...

...exactly what features? 

Here we go with the GPL setups :

- Steering ratio

- Tire pressure (for each wheel) and you will get the temperature readings for each tyres (and with 3 zones : Inner/Middle/outer temps)

- Wheel Rate (Spring stiffness) (for each wheel)

- Damper Bump settings (for each wheel)

- Damper Rebound settings (for each wheel)

- Wheel Camber setting (for each wheel)

- Bump rubber Lenght (for each wheel)

- Toe In settings

- Roll Bar Stiffness

- Static Ride Height of Chassis

- Front/Rear Brake bias

- Asymetrical editings for all the above settings

- Transmission Ratios

- Ramp Angles (control the amount of leverage that the differential's planetary gear exerts on the clutch plates)

- Differential Ratios

- Clutches (number of clutches in the differential)

Not bad for a 10+ years olds racing sim...

To me it's simple. If the game is good, the game will sell itself, especially a simulator.

What we have here is no more than marketing. I sense a bit of pride as well. The guy from Turn 10 obviously loves the genre but it's also a risky venture to hype something to such high levels, especially when you are the guy that makes the game.

Live by the sword... you know the rest.

Let the game sell itself. If you hype it, then expect backlash.

Arrogant bastards. Hate stupid develops saying shit like that.

darthdevidem01 said:
Wow.....kowenicki your defending this arrogant statement, look where arrogance got SONY

Turn 10 should be weary, the amount of backlash they could get is huge.

Nah, they aren't going to get any backlash. The game will sell extremely well. Reason? It has no competition on the 360. None. NFS lost its cred a long time ago, and Burnout is more of an arcade sim. They might as well hype Forza 3 to all hell being as there really isn't anything to stop them.