By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10: Nothing on the Market is Within Years of Forza 3

Around the Network

@Kowen . "Sony was arrogant when it said things that were plainly untrue "next gen starts... etc"I'm not defending.... I am asking the question... Which driving sim is better than forza3 that I can buy today? " You Can't even buy Forza3 Today

Looks like he's pulling a Peter Molyneux, anyone agree ?

kowenicki said:
@solid

you wont buy a game from a cocky developer?

got MGS4?

And I've also got fable 2. There's a difference in hyping your game, and saying it's better then every other game out there, moreso when your attacking another game your competing with. And I would really love you to show me a quote from kojima or anyone in his studio saying that they are innovating while another game series in the same genre that it's competing with is doing nothing new and is no longer innovating. Get me a quote having kojima say splinter cell is boring and is no longer innovating and I'll admit defeat.

PS3 Trophies

welshbloke said:
kanariya said:
He said F3 has better physics than the PC sims made me laugh lol.

What makes me laugh are comments like yours. Have a look at this video of two Sim racer guys getting out of the FM3 cockpit at E3. Watch out for such comments as "I cannot believe this was a console Sim" or my favourite "I thought I was in a PC Sim" Go to 9 minutes 05 for the first guy and 11 minutes for the second. I have already embedded it once but seems you guys did not watch it. Obviously they are in a Force dynamic sim with a Fanatec wheel but hey they are serious racers.

The best thing is the grin on their faces after playing Forza 3 - it says everything.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Around the Network
papflesje said:
ironman said:
papflesje said:
@ hephaestos: Sony got a hammering all around for statements that are untrue. Forza 3 should get a hammering for the same thing.

It's weird that when A does it, they get abuse, but when B does it, those same people start defending it.

Sony has said a LOT of wrong stuff in the past and have gotten burnt because of it. Forza 3-people should get the same treatment. "nothing is within years of"? Laughable.

I do find that a bit odd, however Turn 10 is producing one game that they feel is years ahead of anything on the market (that is an opinion btw), Sony flat out lied. So, I fail to see how you can compare the two.

A lie is a lie, whether you portray it as an opinion or not. As others have already demonstrated with an old pc-game, there are things that Forza 3 doesn't do and there will be things in future racers that Forza isn't doing at this moment. It isn't an opinion, it's stated as a fact and that fact is plain wrong. They deserve flak for it, since they're just lying.

You are confusing a lie, and an opinion. If a doctor gives me his "medical" opinion on a medical condition I have, by your logic, I should just call the guy a lier and an arrogant SOB, then go on to compair him to Sony. See how ridiculous that is?

Here is a little reading material fer ya!

Lie –noun

1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.
4. the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

Opinion –noun

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Lawthe formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

kowenicki said:

Which driving sim is better than forza3 that I can buy today?

Ah, for a second ther I was thinking that I was the only one who understood what they were saying. Glad someone else understands English.

kanariya said:
still LOL@ better than the PC sims comment.

I have GTR2 and GTR. Also Grand Prix 4. To be honest Forza 3 demo was better than any of these in every way for physics. I never thought I'd say that as a SIMBIN fan.

Well, to be fair (and go easy on me 'cuz I'm not a racing sim. fan), it has been over 2 years since the last forza, about 5 since the last GT (and no, prolouge doesn't count). Midnight Club L.A. isn't exactly a simulator, and EA's games arent' even CLOSE, so what does it really have to compete with that is already on the market, AKA already on store shelves or available as DLC/Steam?