By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10: Nothing on the Market is Within Years of Forza 3

Heh, arrogant but right. Is there a better game of that kind ? - No. Maybe GT5 will change it but it is still months away.

Around the Network

Whilst I am in the embedding mood how about this one from TheGadgetShow (UK TV Show) more for comedy value but also I think in some respects this is even better as she actually got to ride the RX8 and compare the Game against the real ride on the Nurenburg Ring circuit.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:
kanariya said:
He said F3 has better physics than the PC sims made me laugh lol.

What makes me laugh are comments like yours. Have a look at this video of two Sim racer guys getting out of the FM3 cockpit at E3. Watch out for such comments as "I cannot believe this was a console Sim" or my favourite "I thought I was in a PC Sim" Go to 9 minutes 05 for the first guy and 11 minutes for the second. I have already embedded it once but seems you guys did not watch it. Obviously they are in a Force dynamic sim with a Fanatec wheel but hey they are serious racers.

Brilliant, but I think the Forza Motorsport 3 doubters/haters closed the video after 6:16.

welshbloke said:
kanariya said:

What makes me laugh are comments like yours. Have a look at this video of two Sim racer guys getting out of the FM3 cockpit at E3. Watch out for such comments as "I cannot believe this was a console Sim" or my favourite "I thought I was in a PC Sim" Go to 9 minutes 05 for the first guy and 11 minutes for the second. I have already embedded it once but seems you guys did not watch it. Obviously they are in a Force dynamic sim with a Fanatec wheel but hey they are serious racers.

Have you ever played one?

GTR2/LFS/iRacing/rFactor...etc?

I don't want to post the turtle can't flip back over video again.

Also people who drives with the d-pad should not act like they care about what's simulation.

kanariya said:
welshbloke said:
kanariya said:

Also people who drives with the d-pad should not act like they care about what's simulation.

So you still didn't watch the video.  I seem to recall plenty of videos of other racers out there with glitches present, I don't understand your irrational hatred of this game.  Seems to me that turtle video of yours could have already been fixed in later builds or indeed patched very easily, you seem very focused on one single bug which makes you appear very close minded and petty.

Around the Network
kanariya said:
welshbloke said:
kanariya said:

Have you played Forza Motorsport 3? Thought not....

He tested the latest SimBin game (Race on) in the video and all he had to say was "It's cool" and "I like it". He had more to say about the motion chair...

Forza Motorsport 3 on the other hand blew both of their minds in every category and they couldn't believe that it was a console racing simulator. I'd suggest you look up all the things Turn10's physic engine is caculating at 360hz. Tire/Chassis Flex, gas temperatures inside the tyre, which modify pressure, tread compounds, slip angle and realtime aero dynamics etc. There is plenty more but I can't be botherd chasing down all the sources for a PC fanboy that will continue to talk trash about Forza Motorsport 3 simply because it's a console game.

What?

It's a Analog stick not a D-pad. Someone know's nothing about consoles... Anyway if you did watch the video you would notice they're using Force Feedback Wheels.

still LOL@ better than the PC sims comment.

kanariya said:
still LOL@ better than the PC sims comment.

I can date my sim Games to the original Grand Prix on the Amiga this does not mean I cannot see the improvements that both the PS3 and Xbox are bringing to sim racing nor does it make me a sim nut. Your posting history indicates a GT5 fanboy slant, The PC comment is simply a deflection.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Of course he would say this about HIS game. This is what every game director says. Anyone remember Peter Molyneux and Fable?

Dirt 2? Haven't played it yet, waiting for the PC version, but I'd assume based on the last one that its pretty damn good.