By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - When will pc graphics start to really outpace console (this gen) graphics?

The thing is, people always state Crysis to show how great the glorious PC graphics are, but when you think of it, Crysis is the only game that really outmatches the consoles graphics. There's very little multiplatform games that look significantly better on PC than on PS360, and I'm sorry but I've never seen a pc game (not called Crysis) that looked better than Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2.

Around the Network

Ah, the Crysis card. Cryengine 3 on consoles looks even better than Cryengine 2 on PC so that argument will soon be rendered invalid at any rate. Or are people assuming that no games on consoles will look better than they do right now?
The PC is superior, no doubt, but the games do not reflect it to the degree one would think and I think that that's the point the OP was trying to make.

Uncharted 2 is pretty high up there along with Crysis.

IGN think it's the best of the best in graphics

BxN said:
The thing is, people always state Crysis to show how great the glorious PC graphics are, but when you think of it, Crysis is the only game that really outmatches the consoles graphics. There's very little multiplatform games that look significantly better on PC than on PS360, and I'm sorry but I've never seen a pc game (not called Crysis) that looked better than Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2.

Reason for that is that PC versions are almost always ports from console versions so games are made with consoles limitations and then ported to PC. (saddest example is GTA IV)

Mummelmann said:
Ah, the Crysis card. Cryengine 3 on consoles looks even better than Cryengine 2 on PC so that argument will soon be rendered invalid at any rate. Or are people assuming that no games on consoles will look better than they do right now?
The PC is superior, no doubt, but the games do not reflect it to the degree one would think and I think that that's the point the OP was trying to make.

CryEngine 3 on consoles looks the same as CryEngine 2 on medium settings on PC (and Crysis is two years old game...). On PC CryEngine 3 probably looks many times better than on consoles.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

I have a very odd feeling that CryEngine 3 on consoles is missing some level of effects, HDR maybe? But still CryEngine 3 will look 1000% better on PC since it wil take advantage of Shader Module 5 and all the DX11 features.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ouch posting Crysis mod pics = fail

The consoles gain more ground after every generation. Last gen the difference between consoles and PC was huge and now in the present the only differences are resolution and AA.

Crysis is so far the only game that really outshines every console game in terms of graphics. Last gen there were tons of them.

Barozi said:
ouch posting Crysis mod pics = fail

The consoles gain more ground after every generation. Last gen the difference between consoles and PC was huge and now in the present the only differences are resolution and AA.

Crysis is so far the only game that really outshines every console game in terms of graphics. Last gen there were tons of them.

lawl? the current generation of consoles can barely handle HDR lighting, how are they even close to eachother?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Mummelmann said:

This.

CryEngine 3 on consoles looks incredible. There's not a significant difference to how Crysis on highest settings look.

Slimebeast said:
Mummelmann said:

This.

CryEngine 3 on consoles looks incredible. There's not a significant difference to how Crysis on highest settings look.

there is a massive difference