By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

Kantor said:
Hero_Of_Time said:

Gamer Profile

Online Gaming Name:
Comrade Nickname:
Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 Network ID: Moriarty-IGN
Wii Number: Why no Wii number, but he listed a PS3 Network ID???
Clan Affiliation:

Clearly a PS3 fanboy who does not own a Wii.

Annoying trolling fanboys are bad enough, but annoying, trolling, Moderator fanboys are the worst. Does IGN pay him for this?

That's right, he doesn't own a Wii. Which explains how he is on the IGN Wii team and how there is a picture of him buying a Wii in the article.

EDIT: From his IGN page:

Colin Moriarty is an Associate Editor at IGN. Colin hails from Long Island, New York. In 2002, Colin graduated from high school, moved to San Francisco and began freelancing for IGN.com on the Guides channel. He then moved to Boston to attend Northeastern University. After graduation from NU, Colin once again returned to SF for a full-time job on the IGN Guides channel. In addition to writing strategy guides, he has freelanced for the database team and IGN TV channel.

And?  I used to work as a GM mechanic and I never owned or want a GM car.  (Other then a Corvette).  That picture is IGN buying this fanboy a Wii that is probably only used for testing games.  He does not own a Wii outside of work.

Around the Network

On second thought...

You know what they say, you can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Hero_Of_Time said:
Kantor said:
Hero_Of_Time said:

Gamer Profile

Online Gaming Name:
Comrade Nickname:
Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 Network ID: Moriarty-IGN
Wii Number: Why no Wii number, but he listed a PS3 Network ID???
Clan Affiliation:

Clearly a PS3 fanboy who does not own a Wii.

Annoying trolling fanboys are bad enough, but annoying, trolling, Moderator fanboys are the worst. Does IGN pay him for this?

That's right, he doesn't own a Wii. Which explains how he is on the IGN Wii team and how there is a picture of him buying a Wii in the article.

EDIT: From his IGN page:

Colin Moriarty is an Associate Editor at IGN. Colin hails from Long Island, New York. In 2002, Colin graduated from high school, moved to San Francisco and began freelancing for IGN.com on the Guides channel. He then moved to Boston to attend Northeastern University. After graduation from NU, Colin once again returned to SF for a full-time job on the IGN Guides channel. In addition to writing strategy guides, he has freelanced for the database team and IGN TV channel.

And?  I used to work as a GM mechanic and I never owned or want a GM car.  (Other then a Corvette).  That picture is IGN buying this fanboy a Wii that is probably only used for testing games.  He does not own a Wii outside of work.

Why would he ask IGN to buy him a Wii?

Some of the damage control in here is astounding. Nobody can own a Wii and then dislike it, they must have hated it before, and only gotten one so they could hate it more!

He even goes into how much of a Nintendo fan he is. What reason would he have to hate the Wii before he got it?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Oh what the heck, I think it's time for me to come out of the closet myself.

I hate the Wii!! Yes, I said it. I hate the WII! Ah, it feels so good now.

Writes of "Hate the Wii" of my todo list to become a true gamer.

Kantor said:

Why would he ask IGN to buy him a Wii?

Some of the damage control in here is astounding. Nobody can own a Wii and then dislike it, they must have hated it before, and only gotten one so they could hate it more!

He even goes into how much of a Nintendo fan he is. What reason would he have to hate the Wii before he got it?

It is not his Wii, it is company property.  IGN bought several Wiis, one for each of their reviewers.

Around the Network

great article.

WOW! Completely agree with this article. I have had a love/hate relationship with my Wii (mostly hate). For every game I get completely sucked into like SMG, there are many others that just end up completely boring me after a short amount of time. My Wii barely gets turned on anymore. It's only when my 5 yr. old gets tired of playing his DS and wants to play something else that he and I may play some Wii Sports Resort together or Mario Kart. I've stated multiple times on this board that I've owned every single Nintendo console and the Wii is my 2nd least favorite. The Gamecube was my least favorite. Kinda funny. I like the Wii twice as much as the GC which makes sense since the Wii is just 2 GC taped together. How many people actually know that the Wii-mote was originally designed for the GC? Most people fail to see the Wii for exactly what it is, a gimmick, a fad and a letdown, exactly as this particular IGN editor has described.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I totally agree. I don't know why people are being so sensitive about this...maybe because deep down you know it's true? Outside of Smash Bros and possibly Muramasa the Wii hasn't really drawn me to its library. I have all consoles and right now the PS3 and 360 are fighting for the number 1 spot. Followed by the DS followed by the PSP followed by My Car followed by My Girl followed by Finding a better job followed by School and then the Wii. It's just there.

I don't get the hate this man gets for writing a frickin opinion piece. What he's saying is true. Nintendo's First Party studios suck when compared to the NES-SNES-N64-Gamecube eras. They frickin suck when compared to their old selves. It even seems they don't even give a rats ass anymore because casual gamers will just end up buying crap any way.

And really Nintendo sees no need right now to improve it's first party offerings because they're making enough money to not care. I wonder what would the sales be for Nintendo next gen if they come in last? how big would the distance be between them and 2nd and 1st. Ill tell you this right now if Ninty comes in last next gen they won't even past Gamecube numbers

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Quote of the article for me.

"What I don't think they accounted for is the fact that the audience they're catering to won't always be there. If you're a casual gamer, you're just that. Your interest in gaming could be as ephemeral as your interest in a new television show. Sony and Microsoft know that their core audience will be there in five years. Nintendo just can't say the same thing."

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Ok this guy doesn't know shit and has written an absolute shit article this guy knows nothing about the wii...to anyone who agrees with these guy they should go and have a look at the Wii Games of 09 and Wii Games of 2010 thread both threads are in the Nintendo forum so seriously just fuck offf....man this guy pisses me off...

if i was to list the awesome games than i would be here all night...and if this guy think that wii has suckage games go have a look at ps3 or 360..tell me the goodd games.. i bet anyone right now that just because i said that the ps3 and 360 have worse games people will start listing all these games...yeah all them will be shooters... i just hate how now people who are actual gamers say that u have to play shooters or stuff like that is core. Have a look at Mario. And u know what have a look at WSR its not easy game collecting the stamps...so shut up...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝