By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

Oh dear...
I don't get this site anymore.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Smeags said:

@Darc

Jinkuro agrees with your sentiment, along with all of those hot spring monkeys.

(and me... )

I'm pretty sure Kisuke would agree with us as well

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
alfredofroylan said:
noname2200 said:
Damn this thread's moving fast!

Topics with bashing against a system = A lot of posts and potential Flame warz

And console bashing+Top Ten lists bring in the most clicks for enthusiast sites...

I need a new hobby.

Nonsense - you don't need a new hobby.

We just need to stop listening to other enthusiasts.

But I can't talk to many folks about this hobby, since the bulk of my friends are no longer gamers, which makes gaming itself much less enticing. And apparently the internet's little better: the threads devoted to actually discussing games are pretty rare. Most of them are either about news, or bitching about what someone said.

You want more threads actually dicussing games?  I do too, but unfortunately you and I are in the minority.  People find it much more fun to cut down each other's systems or each other.  People want to point the finger and laugh at others.  That's why all of those godawful reality shows and talk shows like Maury are so popular. 

Sad but true...

I just like when these people try and carefully establish their credentials as one-time Nintendo fans so that they can post their bullshit with a straight face. It makes it look like the former Nintendo fans are more vehemently anti-Wii than the old corps of Nintendo haters (i.e., Nintendo haters who originated from some time prior to Wii's release)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

*Can't let - thread like this - finish without - saying something profound*

Erm well, Wii RULES!

Around the Network

I use my Wii almost daily. Sometimes, I even play disc based games on it. Still, if the Wii were my only console, I'd be so sad. This is coming from a Nintendo lover, since the Nes days.

Sounds more or less right.
Through the $100 is bit too harsh as Wii is more like $150 worth compared to PS2/X360 arcade.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

As a Wii owner, I have not bought one game that was released in 2009 as nothing has intrigued me enough. The only Wii game I have bought in 2009 is Fire Emblem: Dawn Brigade. The one 2009 game, that has been released, that I might buy is Little King's Story. Muramasa isn't really my kind of thing, I might rent it though.

However, this will change in the future with FFCC:CB, Arc Rise Fantasia and Tales of Graces coming.

But then again, I also have a PS3, PSP and 360, so there is divided attention,

Whatever, I don't care anymore. Sure, this guy is right, Wii is dead, Nintendo is doomed, no more hardcore games will ever be released for nintendo consoles... there hope he's happy.

I'm just sick of arguing about this crap after 3 freakin years...

What really bothers me about this article is the way he imposes his views on others:

"Nintendo just can't say the same thing. In this regard, the Wii is the anti-GameCube, the anti-N64, and the anti-hardcore gamer.

The supporters of this little box -- cube, if you will -- are simply not the same audience Nintendo is trying to reach this time around. Telling yourself anything different is an act of self-deception."

This makes me so angry! People are entitled to their opinion but they should at least be self-aware of the fact that it is just that, their opinion, and they shouldn't pretend like it's self-evident gospel.

I hate this guy - but then that's just my opinion.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club