By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

heres the fact wii has mario galaxy and out sold the two fake gaming companies! (this was for the editor and not in any way serious)

the haters love to hate the champ!

look at wrestling: when john cena first got to the wwe everyone wanted to see him become champ. once he got the tittle everyone hated him and said how horrible he is.

look at hip hop: 50 cent came out and everyone wanted to start lifting weights,wearing those 50 tank tops ect. everyone loved "Curtis" once everyone went out and bought his album and made him the most successful rapper the backlash began. all he does is talk about money,hoes, and violence ect? what did he rap about since the begining? oh hes cocky because hes rich,hes always telling me the facts when what i want to hear is bulls%#% ect

video games: well you already know this story. wii sucks even tho its the most successful console ever,has the highest rated games on it,has the best selling games, and has the highest appeal rate than any of the other consoles. you cant compare the wiis library to the HD twins because it runs laps around them in every category but shooters/fps.

so basically this is the point: people love to make things successful just to turn around and say its lame,i hate it/him, i like the last game/system/wrestler/album better (when you know damn well the new stuff is alot better than the old stuff or on par). look you cant like the gamecube more than you like wii it makes no sense at all, you cant say john cena wrestled better when he first came to wrestling he hasnt changed a thing just added a extra submission, and you cant say 50 cent was better when get rich or die trying came out because he makes the exact type of music today.

sorry for this crazy rant! im not sober lol!

Around the Network
ECC said:
heres the fact wii has mario galaxy and out sold the two fake gaming companies! (this was for the editor and not in any way serious)

the haters love to hate the champ!

look at wrestling: when john cena first got to the wwe everyone wanted to see him become champ. once he got the tittle everyone hated him and said how horrible he is.

look at hip hop: 50 cent came out and everyone wanted to start lifting weights,wearing those 50 tank tops ect. everyone loved "Curtis" once everyone went out and bought his album and made him the most successful rappers the backlash began. all he does is talk about money,hoes, and violence ect? what did he rap about since the begining? oh hes cocky because hes rich,hes always telling me the facts when what i want to hear is bulls%#% ect

video games: well you already know this story. wii sucks even tho its the most successful console ever,has the highest rated games on it,has the best selling games, and has the highest appeal rate than any of the other consoles. you cant compare the wiis library to the HD twins because it runs laps around them in every category but shooters/fps.

so basically this is the point: people love to make things successful just to turn around and say its lame,i hate it/him, i like the last game/system/wrestler/album better (when you know damn well the new stuff is alot better than the old stuff or on par). look you cant like the gamecube more than you like wii it makes no sense at all, you cant say john cena wrestled better when he first came to wrestling he hasnt changed a thing just added a extra submission, and you cant say 50 cent was better when get rich or die trying came out because he makes the exact type of music today.

sorry for this crazy rant! im not sober lol!

Aha. Nobody hated the PS2, did they? Or the PS1, or the SNES, or the NES, or even the 2600.

I would say the Wii has more dislike than any other generation winner, and there are reasons for this dislike, but those have been said time and time again, and this thread is bad enough already.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Stats87 said:
As a Wii owner, I have not bought one game that was released in 2009 as nothing has intrigued me enough. The only Wii game I have bought in 2009 is Fire Emblem: Dawn Brigade. The one 2009 game, that has been released, that I might buy is Little King's Story. Muramasa isn't really my kind of thing, I might rent it though.

However, this will change in the future with FFCC:CB, Arc Rise Fantasia and Tales of Graces coming.

But then again, I also have a PS3, PSP and 360, so there is divided attention,

Totally worth it, especially at $30.

This guy's wrong about the lasting audience of the Wii as well, regardless of whether so-called casuals will continue to be gamers; Nintendo has got their content out to a new generation of kids with the Wii. That's a whole new generation who know the awesomeness of Mario and Zelda. There's every reason to believe that just as many of those Kids will be hooked to the Nintendo magic as were back in the days of the Nes Snes and N64.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Gamer Profile

Online Gaming Name:
Comrade Nickname:
Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 Network ID: Moriarty-IGN
Wii Number: Why no Wii number, but he listed a PS3 Network ID???
Clan Affiliation:

Clearly a PS3 fanboy who does not own a Wii.

Annoying trolling fanboys are bad enough, but annoying, trolling, Moderator fanboys are the worst. Does IGN pay him for this?

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
Besides Madworld, I'd have to agree with the article.

As a consumer, I don't really see any games that really push me to get a Wii in the last two years, or even it's lifetime. I don't think the Wii is a bad console, but it's software lineup isn't for me.

I think the arictle is talking about hardcore nintendo fransices.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Hero_Of_Time said:

Gamer Profile

Online Gaming Name:
Comrade Nickname:
Xbox Live Gamertag:
PS3 Network ID: Moriarty-IGN
Wii Number: Why no Wii number, but he listed a PS3 Network ID???
Clan Affiliation:

Clearly a PS3 fanboy who does not own a Wii.

Annoying trolling fanboys are bad enough, but annoying, trolling, Moderator fanboys are the worst. Does IGN pay him for this?

That's right, he doesn't own a Wii. Which explains how he is on the IGN Wii team and how there is a picture of him buying a Wii in the article.

EDIT: From his IGN page:

Colin Moriarty is an Associate Editor at IGN. Colin hails from Long Island, New York. In 2002, Colin graduated from high school, moved to San Francisco and began freelancing for IGN.com on the Guides channel. He then moved to Boston to attend Northeastern University. After graduation from NU, Colin once again returned to SF for a full-time job on the IGN Guides channel. In addition to writing strategy guides, he has freelanced for the database team and IGN TV channel.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

who cares. its just a guy's opinion. its the same as other people who doesnt find any games interesting on ps3 or xbox360.

*yawn*

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Wow that happens to be exactly how I feel. When I got it in February 2007. I was like "Wow, I can't wait for a new Star Fox with motion controls and swinging my controller like a Lightsaber." Sadly, I am still waitng. Well the good thing is this made me get a Xbox 360 and a PS3, which I have enjoyed more then I ever did my Wii. Twilight Princess and Brawl got old real fast. I actually would be playing my DS more if it wasn't stomped on.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*