By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

ShadowSoldier said:
I totally agree. I don't know why people are being so sensitive about this...maybe because deep down you know it's true? Outside of Smash Bros and possibly Muramasa the Wii hasn't really drawn me to its library. I have all consoles and right now the PS3 and 360 are fighting for the number 1 spot. Followed by the DS followed by the PSP followed by My Car followed by My Girl followed by Finding a better job followed by School and then the Wii. It's just there.

I don't get the hate this man gets for writing a frickin opinion piece. What he's saying is true. Nintendo's First Party studios suck when compared to the NES-SNES-N64-Gamecube eras. They frickin suck when compared to their old selves. It even seems they don't even give a rats ass anymore because casual gamers will just end up buying crap any way.

And really Nintendo sees no need right now to improve it's first party offerings because they're making enough money to not care. I wonder what would the sales be for Nintendo next gen if they come in last? how big would the distance be between them and 2nd and 1st. Ill tell you this right now if Ninty comes in last next gen they won't even past Gamecube numbers

Ill-founded opinions deserve to be criticized. It's not necessarily that he has the opinion, it's that he's being an ass about it. Overgeneralizations, faulty logic, however you want to put it. Opinions can be bad. I could be of the opinion that Judaism is pure evil, and people wouldn't let me get away with having that opinion

And how exactly are Nintendo's studios worse? Their output is fewer, but their output is generally better than it's ever been. Fire Emblem and Main series Mario are at the top of their respective games (and genres, i should say), their studios have put out two games that completely redefined gaming, Mario Kart Wii is far and away the best selling out of the old series, Retro Studios continues to pour out amazing experiences, though Zelda team is untested as of yet. Brawl outpaced Melee

The only thing Nintendo needs is more studios, but the one's they have are basically better than they've been at least in the past two generations.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
Ok this guy doesn't know shit and has written an absolute shit article this guy knows nothing about the wii...to anyone who agrees with these guy they should go and have a look at the Wii Games of 09 and Wii Games of 2010 thread both threads are in the Nintendo forum so seriously just fuck offf....man this guy pisses me off...

if i was to list the awesome games than i would be here all night...and if this guy think that wii has suckage games go have a look at ps3 or 360..tell me the goodd games.. i bet anyone right now that just because i said that the ps3 and 360 have worse games people will start listing all these games...yeah all them will be shooters... i just hate how now people who are actual gamers say that u have to play shooters or stuff like that is core. Have a look at Mario. And u know what have a look at WSR its not easy game collecting the stamps...so shut up...

Really? Name a Wii game that got 90+ on metacritic, whose gamaeplay was incredibly challanging (compared to all others in the series) and which had a meaninfull and/or deep narrative.

dougsdad0629 said:
Quote of the article for me.

"What I don't think they accounted for is the fact that the audience they're catering to won't always be there. If you're a casual gamer, you're just that. Your interest in gaming could be as ephemeral as your interest in a new television show. Sony and Microsoft know that their core audience will be there in five years. Nintendo just can't say the same thing."

But that's an incredibly asinine proposition on his part. The gaming media has been saying "well, Nintendo will get theirs!" in this sense for some time, but it's just a bad line of thought. It says that Sony and Microsoft aren't going to grow in the long-term, and tries to imply that Nintendo will shrink. But if Nintendo can build any kind of brand loyalty, they're the only console maker in town who has really showed that they care about these people

The argument of brand loyalty sits heavily in Nintendo's favor, and that quote merely runs on the old myth that the fad will one day end.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I totally agree. I don't know why people are being so sensitive about this...maybe because deep down you know it's true? Outside of Smash Bros and possibly Muramasa the Wii hasn't really drawn me to its library. I have all consoles and right now the PS3 and 360 are fighting for the number 1 spot. Followed by the DS followed by the PSP followed by My Car followed by My Girl followed by Finding a better job followed by School and then the Wii. It's just there.

I don't get the hate this man gets for writing a frickin opinion piece. What he's saying is true. Nintendo's First Party studios suck when compared to the NES-SNES-N64-Gamecube eras. They frickin suck when compared to their old selves. It even seems they don't even give a rats ass anymore because casual gamers will just end up buying crap any way.

And really Nintendo sees no need right now to improve it's first party offerings because they're making enough money to not care. I wonder what would the sales be for Nintendo next gen if they come in last? how big would the distance be between them and 2nd and 1st. Ill tell you this right now if Ninty comes in last next gen they won't even past Gamecube numbers

Ill-founded opinions deserve to be criticized. It's not necessarily that he has the opinion, it's that he's being an ass about it. Overgeneralizations, faulty logic, however you want to put it. Opinions can be bad. I could be of the opinion that Judaism is pure evil, and people wouldn't let me get away with having that opinion

And how exactly are Nintendo's studios worse? Their output is fewer, but their output is generally better than it's ever been. Fire Emblem and Main series Mario are at the top of their respective games (and genres, i should say), their studios have put out two games that completely redefined gaming, Mario Kart Wii is far and away the best selling out of the old series, Retro Studios continues to pour out amazing experiences, though Zelda team is untested as of yet. Brawl outpaced Melee

The only thing Nintendo needs is more studios, but the one's they have are basically better than they've been at least in the past two generations.

Let it go, man. You've got better things to do with your weekend than argue with some newcomer.

Wii_Master said:
Ok this guy doesn't know shit and has written an absolute shit article this guy knows nothing about the wii...to anyone who agrees with these guy they should go and have a look at the Wii Games of 09 and Wii Games of 2010 thread both threads are in the Nintendo forum so seriously just fuck offf....man this guy pisses me off...

if i was to list the awesome games than i would be here all night...and if this guy think that wii has suckage games go have a look at ps3 or 360..tell me the goodd games.. i bet anyone right now that just because i said that the ps3 and 360 have worse games people will start listing all these games...yeah all them will be shooters... i just hate how now people who are actual gamers say that u have to play shooters or stuff like that is core. Have a look at Mario. And u know what have a look at WSR its not easy game collecting the stamps...so shut up...

You know, YOU'RE RIGHT!

I'm going to go sell my PS3 because it only has shooters like LBP, Flower, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, WipEout HD, Oblivion and Prototype!

Really, there's no need to counter stupidity with more stupidity. Saying the HD consoles have only shooters is just as ignorant as saying the Wii has had no games since 2007. Actually, more so, since the quality of games is subjective, and the genre is not.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Ugh, no good comes out of this...

"Wii is bad!"
Wii fanboys respond: "Kill the guy! He know nothing!"
PS3/360 fanboys go: "Totally agrees. My thoughts exactly."

Tomorrow:
"360 is bad!"
360 fanboys respond: "Feel my wrath! I'm gonna chainsaw his azz!"
Wii/PS3 fanboys go: "Have said this for years. Duh!"

Day after tomorrow:
"PS3 is bad!"
PS3 fanboys respond: "Such ignorance! I hate you!"
Wii/360 fanboys go: "Yeah, PS3 really sucks. Couldn't have said it better myself."

And repeat...

noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Let it go, man. You've got better things to do with your weekend than argue with some newcomer.

You argued with me when I was a newcomer. I remember, thanks to that "first post" thread. It wasn't my first post, but my fifth or something.

You really owned me

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

dougsdad0629 said:
Quote of the article for me.

"What I don't think they accounted for is the fact that the audience they're catering to won't always be there. If you're a casual gamer, you're just that. Your interest in gaming could be as ephemeral as your interest in a new television show. Sony and Microsoft know that their core audience will be there in five years. Nintendo just can't say the same thing."

This quote is stupid.

At least half the core gamers of the PS2 went to the XBOX360 and a bit of those + casuals went to the wii.

It proves that you can't trust or rely on any segment of gamers. Sony can testify on that point. Nintendo learnt it too with the N-64 and more so with the GC. That's why they're doing the wii!

On topic: The value of a game is subjectif. The editor of the article isn't too objectif. I hope this doesn't come through when doing his job. But i fear it will, seeing the 'wii-dislike - sometimes hate' on the net.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

forest-spirit said:
Ugh, no good comes out of this...

"Wii is bad!"
Wii fanboys respond: "Kill the guy! He know nothing!"
PS3/360 fanboys go: "Totally agrees. My thoughts exactly."

Tomorrow:
"360 is bad!"
360 fanboys respond: "Feel my wrath! I'm gonna chainsaw his azz!"
Wii/PS3 fanboys go: "Have said this for years. Duh!"

Day after tomorrow:
"PS3 is bad!"
PS3 fanboys respond: "Such ignorance! I hate you!"
Wii/360 fanboys go: "Yeah, PS3 really sucks. Couldn't have said it better myself."

And repeat...

But it's SO entertaining.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Oh great, Rol has arrived. As if the Wii hate in this thread wasn't enough already...

@Tayne:

I know