By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY'S PSP VS NINTENDO'S DS

sc94597 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
CDiablo said:
PSP=same old shit that has been on consoles for 15 years........thats not a bad thing per say, but DS offers way more innovative games as well as same old shit.

What the hell is so innovative about the DS? If you look at all of the DS' quality games, it's really just a GBA 2.

DS= A lot of games.

PSP= A decent amount of games.

That's what it amounts to, not touch screen gimmicks that aren't even needed.

His point is, the PSP is a portable console, the DS is a handheld if you think game library. Distinguish the difference, and I'll consider that you truly know what we are talking about. That doesn't mean that either of them are bad.

Best way to put it, which is exactlt why i prefer the PSP over the DS imo, that and the fact it has Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Phanasty Star Portable games as exclusives to but you get the point.

DS is still very great to i have a phat version and will get a Lite or i Later but i use my PSP far more.

In conclusion, there both great for the own respective reasons, you cannot go wrong with one or the other you'll have a blast with both.

Around the Network

I own both and love both but DS just offers more. Handhelds > Consoles!

saicho said:
sapient said:

The only problem with DS that I have is the fact that whenever I look at a game that I like, I am thinking how much better it would have been had it been on PSP :D

In addition to regular PSP games, PS1 games on PSP trounce most RPG games on DS IMHO. People hwo think PSP is no good should just download Wild arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 from PSN and then we will talk about value for money.

Edit:

I have to add that I am an avid RPG gamer and thus DS has been really good to me.

Wild Arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 are pretty awesome RPGs but I don't think it's better than Chrono Trigger, DQ5 and FF4 (old school ones) or TWEWY, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (new games for DS).

In terms of value??? 40*3 = 120$ VS 18$

The idea was if people made PS1 games still they would be able to emualte it on PSP however, PSP is more powerfull than the PS1.

Native games on PSP are great.

Case in point (ALL exclusives):

RPGs:

- Crimson Gem Saga

- Phantasy Star Portable

- Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core

SRPG:

- Jeanne D'arc

- Wild Arms XF

-

Action/Adventure:

- God of War COO

- Daxter

- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Shooters (FPS/TPS):

- Resistance Retribution

- Syphone filter (series)

- Killzone Liberation

Racing:

- Burnout Legends

- Wipeout Pure/Pulse

- Ridge Racer

Sandbox:

- Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

- Gangs of London

Rhythm/Puzzle:

- Patapon

- Locoroco

Puzzle:

- Downstream Panic

- Lumines

- Echochrome

Fighting:

- Dissidia Final Fantasy

- Tekken Dark resurrection

- Mortal Kombat Unchained

Ports:

Ports to PSP include FF-Tactics, Riviera, Yggdra Union, Star Ocean 1 and 2, FF 1and 2, Disgaea 1 and 2, Castlevania Rondo of swords and symphony of the night.

These are just some of the games I could think of.

I gotta grab SSX or Smackdown vs. Raw for the PSP, this weekend. This thread reminded me.

For me the DS offers more. I don't give much about Nintendo games, I've bought it for those awesome SRPGs and RPGs, which there are TONS of. The only games on PSP that interested me were God of War and Metal Gears (and now Valkyria Ch2). But on the DS there is like 30 games which I really enjoy.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all Sony this gen (when it comes to "heavy consoles").

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

Just saw the Kingdom Hearts DS commercial. The game looks pretty good!

Comparison threads that are really nothing more than pissing contests are not a good idea. =/

Also, I've been gaming longer than you have by at the very least a year, and I favor the DS.

in no way i agree with you I love the ds i just traded my psp in for a brand new dsi and now it has more features than psp such as camera and a better browser than psp and it has the best games in all genres...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝