By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY'S PSP VS NINTENDO'S DS

Yea! The worst part about the DS are all those blasted hidden gems, I've never found such a platform polluted with so many friggin gems that it's hard to find the gem your looking for!

It's like finding a gem in a gem stack!

I think Nintendo needs to make a double seal of approval or revamp the Nintendo Store even more to include like my exact preferences per moment!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

The only problem with DS that I have is the fact that whenever I look at a game that I like, I am thinking how much better it would have been had it been on PSP :D

In addition to regular PSP games, PS1 games on PSP trounce most RPG games on DS IMHO. People hwo think PSP is no good should just download Wild arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 from PSN and then we will talk about value for money.

Edit:

I have to add that I am an avid RPG gamer and thus DS has been really good to me.

ds 100 percent

also youre not old school if the original handhelds were out before you lived

but yeh sold my psp long ago

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

i never say things that sound too fanboyish but quite honestly the psp has very few good games.

i prefer psp library, for my taste it's better IMO.
ds have some decent jrpg.
but quality wise i find the PSP better.

Around the Network

I lol! with this. Seriously, DS > Psp. I own both. Easy decision. There's not even point of comparison for me. But to each, its own.

sapient said:

The only problem with DS that I have is the fact that whenever I look at a game that I like, I am thinking how much better it would have been had it been on PSP :D

In addition to regular PSP games, PS1 games on PSP trounce most RPG games on DS IMHO. People hwo think PSP is no good should just download Wild arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 from PSN and then we will talk about value for money.

Edit:

I have to add that I am an avid RPG gamer and thus DS has been really good to me.

yes those PS1 games are awesome, but the are PS1 games not PSP games...i mean DS gamers could talk about the GBA library but those are not DS games.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

ROFLMAO!

Personally, I have four DS's and I bought a PSP about a month ago. I take that PSP everywhere! I normally listen to music or watch a movie on it, though. I've downloaded a few PS1 games on it, too. My 8 year old daughter has actually stated that she doesn't like the DS and wants to play Rayman on the PSP. So, in my particular situation, the PSP is the right portable for me.

Scribblenauts alone pwns the whole PSP library...