By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY'S PSP VS NINTENDO'S DS

This thread should have never have been made.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Raido said:
Scribblenauts alone pwns the whole PSP library...

Truer words have never been spoken.....honestly though , the ds was far ahead in the game quality catagory, that it should have been obvious to even the post rabid psp fanboy that ds>psp

After scribblenauts.......if you dont see the astounding difference between the quality of the ds and psp , two handhelds that shouldnt even be compared in the first place , then you are delusional plain and simple.

If psp=earth , ds=universe

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

sapient said:

The only problem with DS that I have is the fact that whenever I look at a game that I like, I am thinking how much better it would have been had it been on PSP :D

In addition to regular PSP games, PS1 games on PSP trounce most RPG games on DS IMHO. People hwo think PSP is no good should just download Wild arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 from PSN and then we will talk about value for money.

Edit:

I have to add that I am an avid RPG gamer and thus DS has been really good to me.

Wild Arms 1 and 2 and Suikoden 1 are pretty awesome RPGs but I don't think it's better than Chrono Trigger, DQ5 and FF4 (old school ones) or TWEWY, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (new games for DS).

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

I like the DS better. I always have and always will. But I think the PSP actually IS better. PSP just plays games better.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

PSP=same old shit that has been on consoles for 15 years........thats not a bad thing per say, but DS offers way more innovative games as well as same old shit.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

The GBA is better than both.

Pixel Art can be fun.

All i know is that i love my PSP :)

It's a portable SNES, NES, PS1,"insert your fav console here" and ofc PSP on the go!

Psp is my second favorite platform this generation. Unfortunately it loses out to my favorite platform of all time, DS.

Unfinished list of Ds games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=80788

CDiablo said:
PSP=same old shit that has been on consoles for 15 years........thats not a bad thing per say, but DS offers way more innovative games as well as same old shit.

What the hell is so innovative about the DS? If you look at all of the DS' quality games, it's really just a GBA 2.

DS= A lot of games.

PSP= A decent amount of games.

That's what it amounts to, not touch screen gimmicks that aren't even needed.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
CDiablo said:

What the hell is so innovative about the DS? If you look at all of the DS' quality games, it's really just a GBA 2.

DS= A lot of games.

PSP= A decent amount of games.

That's what it amounts to, not touch screen gimmicks that aren't even needed.

His point is, the PSP is a portable console, the DS is a handheld if you think game library. Distinguish the difference, and I'll consider that you truly know what we are talking about. That doesn't mean that either of them are bad.