By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY'S PSP VS NINTENDO'S DS

I've always thought & I still do, that the original PSP offered far more than the Nintendo DS, games wise the DS had no chance imo. The PSP offered more all around, and it always did annoy me that the DS got more credit than the PSP did. I mean I've never seen a boy play a DS (I myself have played it, but I have never played it were I could see my reflection so techinally I still haven't seen a boy play it )

For me the DS is a handheld made for girls, don't get me wrong the DS is very good at what it does, implanting the touch screen has of course helped it out alot it offered something new & exicting to handheld games. This opened more doors to alot of differnt age ranges my 42yr old Mom plays a DS, mostly Super Mario although she likes Brain Academy.

Maybe at 17 I'm already an Old Fashioned Gamer, when someone comes running up with Brain Academy in there hand saying "Look what I've found chaps, its this rather fun looking piece of Video game equipment, shall we go into the living room and have a cuppa while we see how big our brain is?" Sorry for the sarcasim but thats how I feel I don't see Brain Aademy, Dogs/Pets whatever it is as games & Catz, I don't see washing pussy's as a fun game, really hairy ones especially! Ok maybe Cats is the correct term, Cats/Pussy same thing guys..

The PSP is like the Ps3 its much more than just a gameing console/handheld in the PSP'S case , Games, Videos, Music, Pictures, Internet, Online, Connectivity with the Ps3, Fantastic game catalouge.

Does anybody else feel like this? Maybe I have answered my own question at 17 I'm an "Old School" gamer.

Around the Network

Your forgetting about the real proper good DS games.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Maybe I am, list a few. I won't pretend that DS games are bad, I know there is good ones out there.

"old school" gamer my ass. I know more "old school" gamers who love the DS. Shall I start the list of VGChartz members who have been playing since the Atari/NES days who love the DS?

You sound like a PS2 or possibly a PS1 generation gamer, which is in no way "old school"

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

No.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
"old school" gamer my ass. I know more "old school" gamers who love the DS. Shall I start the list of VGChartz members who have been playing since the Atari/NES days who love the DS?

You sound like a PS2 or possibly a PS1 generation gamer, which is in no way "old school"

Sega Mega Drive/NES actually, I had both of them at the same time the Mega Drive was actually my first taste of gaming.

Lol, oldschool.

Man, currently, the DS has better games than the PSP in all genres (maybe except from racing games), and everything but graphics.

However, recently it seems like Sony have finally decided to give some much needed love to the PSP, and there are a lot of good games coming for the console in this and the following year.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

TrevDaRev said:
Nintendogamer said:

Maybe I am, list a few. I won't pretend that DS games are bad, I know there is good ones out there.

Mario & luigi Partners in time

The legend of zelda: Phantom hourglass

Professor layton and the curious village

Proffesor layton & pandora's box

Mario 64 DS

Mario & luigi Bowsers inside story

New super mario bros

Trauma center under the knife 2

I could go on a bit longer

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

At 17 years old you would have been playing that at the very end of it's life cycle. Either way, if you want to compare systems, at least do a tiny bit of research. I'll say the DS is better than the PSP, but not because the PSP had more cheers for Hanna Montana at E3 09 than any other game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
At 17 years old you would have been playing that at the very end of it's life cycle. Either way, if you want to compare systems, at least do a tiny bit of research. I'll say the DS is better than the PSP, but not because the PSP had more cheers for Hanna Montana at E3 09 than any other game.

I'm 20 and I first played the SNES in 1992 at the age of 3, does that make me a semi old shcool gamer?

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d