By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since no GT5:Sony again messed up Ps3 holidays!

ZorroX said:
People are not happy, that GT5 won`t be rushed for Christmas, but will be polished to perfection for March 2010???
Are you gamers or what?

Gran Turismo sales? Both GT3 and GT4 came not during Christmas, and sold what? Above 10 mln. each.

PS3 already cost 299$. So anyone, who wants GT5 now will buy affordable PS3, unless they want GT5 bundle, then they might wait.

And Forza? Let`s see sales, then speak about competition.

How do you know it will be perfection in March 2010?   Also didnt someone already say that the game is finished and can be released any time they are just polishing it?  What happened to that.

Around the Network

There is always the chance that its still coming this holiday in the west, and March in Japan so it doesn't conflict with FF13. We will just have to wait and see.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Vetteman94 said:
ZorroX said:
People are not happy, that GT5 won`t be rushed for Christmas, but will be polished to perfection for March 2010???
Are you gamers or what?

Gran Turismo sales? Both GT3 and GT4 came not during Christmas, and sold what? Above 10 mln. each.

PS3 already cost 299$. So anyone, who wants GT5 now will buy affordable PS3, unless they want GT5 bundle, then they might wait.

How do you know it will be perfection in March 2010?   Also didnt someone already say that the game is finished and can be released any time they are just polishing it?  What happened to that.

Gran Turismo 5 Is 65% Complete, Apparently (But FFXIII Is Nearly Done)

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-399438.aspx

ZorroX said:
Vetteman94 said:
ZorroX said:
Are you gamers or what?

Gran Turismo 5 Is 65% Complete, Apparently (But FFXIII Is Nearly Done)

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-399438.aspx

Gran Turismo's dad Kazunori Yamauchi has told Eurogamer that Gran Turismo 5 is "at a point we can release it any time we want".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-yamauchi-we-could-release-gt5-now

That doesnt sound like a game that is only 65% complete to me.

Also here is another great article.   Is March 2010 really shortly after Oct 2009???

http://www.psu.com/GT5-to-release-shortly-after-GT-PSP,-says-Yamauchi-san--a0007985-p0.php

Wait. It's seriously coming in 2010?

I take back everything good I have ever said about Sony's business strategy, because this pretty much cancels it out.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Sony has some pretty big games coming out this year. Exclusives an Multiplats alike. There was just no room for that many big releases. Firstly...

The big bad releases for Sony's Playstation 3 this Christmas...
-Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2(US)
-Final Fantasy XIII(Japan)
these two giants suck up the MOST holiday space in buyer's wallets.

Then there there are the NEW/OLD IPs Sony is or has rleased this year already...
-Killzone 2(2nd)
-Demon's Soul(4th)
-Infamous(3rd)
-Uncharted 2(Biggest for Sony)
-Ratchet and Clank:CIT(5th)

Not to forget the other giant Multiplat titles to come...
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Tekken 6(best selling 3D fighter franchise of all time if you didnt know)
-Dragon Age:Origins
-Bayonetta
-Borderlands
-Brutal Legends
-Rock Band Beatles

And Sony's Plethora of Pseudo Shovel Ware PS3...
-EyePet
-Afrika
-Katamari

You see...there IS a such thing as having TOO MANY big things going on all at the same time, which causes many of your strong efforts to just be over shadowed by the bigger ones. Sony already Dropped Price, BIG DEAL FOR SURE!!!!!This will drive console sales alone, if not the most. THEN Sony has carefully catered to their varied audience with select unique games. This season is HEAVILY crowded by big names all around, especially when u introduce the tangent of the other console's exclusives vying for the same thing(big names like Halo, Metroid, SuperMario,etc).

As much as I HATE the fact I dont have WKC this year when I know it was ready for release, as well as Heavy Rain, I do know now that it was necessary.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
Wait. It's seriously coming in 2010?

I take back everything good I have ever said about Sony's business strategy, because this pretty much cancels it out.

Why? If the game isn't finished and unpolished, why WOULD you want it now? You know as well as I do that if the game released unpolished, Polyphony would be crucified to all the way their graves.

I don't want it. I don't even like Gran Turismo. It's just that releasing GT5 in holiday 2009 would have given it sales that it wouldn't get near in March.

It's definitely not hitting 10 million now. God, Sony can be so incompetent.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The only games I see interesting is Uncharted 2, I swear they pump a new R&C game every year. Please announce something this that I won't play for a week then never play it again...I'm talking to you Motorstorm. When am I getting a new Jak and Daxter on the PS3?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Some of you are so darn pathetic, as though you actually have no interest in PLAYING the game. GT5 will sell fine whenever it releases and we will not be getting the game until March 2010 at best so suck it up.

Honestly it seems people here would rather the game was rushed out just for e-penis growth then having the game completed as best as possible before it releases.

ZorroX said:
Are you gamers or what?

What's funnier than that is you thinking Sony is going to clog up March with both God of War III and Gran Turismo 5. If GT5 comes out in March, I'm almost positive it's a Japanese March release with a US and EU release later. Gran Turismos always have staggered releases. So while you make it seem like it's a small wait, we're now talking about the likelihood of a June release in the regions that matter to 99% of the PS3 owners on this site.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.