By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since no GT5:Sony again messed up Ps3 holidays!

RPG said:
Some of you are so darn pathetic, as though you actually have no interest in PLAYING the game. GT5 will sell fine whenever it releases and we will not be getting the game until March 2010 at best so suck it up.

Honestly it seems people here would rather the game was rushed out just for e-penis growth then having the game completed as best as possible before it releases.

Sums up my thoughts. That + plenty of releases this holiday.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:
Some of you are so darn pathetic, as though you actually have no interest in PLAYING the game. GT5 will sell fine whenever it releases and we will not be getting the game until March 2010 at best so suck it up.

Honestly it seems people here would rather the game was rushed out just for e-penis growth then having the game completed as best as possible before it releases.

I hear ya man....

I really wish I could say the same thing, but I guess I am tired of being patient for a game I have been waiting for close to 3 years for.  Really explain to me why a game that was already claimed to be finished and could be released at "any time", according to the main man himself, need 6 more months of polishing.  Maybe then I can stop being "pathetic" and start being happy for this game again. 

I would continue voicing my opinion on the subject, but I'm starting to get moderation warnings. Don't want my opinions getting me in trouble even though it's very clear others should be temporarily removed from the site for their incompetent logic

Probably get in trouble for this post to.

Vetteman94 said:
CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:

I hear ya man....

I really wish I could say the same thing, but I guess I am tired of being patient for a game I have been waiting for close to 3 years for.  Really explain to me why a game that was already claimed to be finished and could be released at "any time", according to the main man himself, need 6 more months of polishing.  Maybe then I can stop being "pathetic" and start being happy for this game again. 

Because you took his words out of context, bro.

This is the exact quote: "I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it's at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It's very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail."

CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:

I hear ya man....

There comes a point when a game needs to reach a point where it's ready for release and actually gets released. You can't polish a game indfinitely because there will come a point it needs to come out at retail, and trust me, it will never be 100%. This is especially true for a game claimed to be able to come out any day. Frankly though, for all of the comments Yamauchi has made regarding the game and how many times he's made contradictory statements, I can't help but think he just says whatever to not get negative press, in other words he's lying a lot of the time.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
Vetteman94 said:
CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:

I hear ya man....

This is the exact quote: "I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it's at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It's very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail."

That quote needs more exposure, perhaps you should BOLD it

Done.

huaxiong90 said:
Vetteman94 said:
CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:

I hear ya man....

The what about his other quote,  the one where he said it would come out shortly after GT PSP???   Did I take that out of context

remember 2007 & then 2008

SONY dropped price in 2007 & did very well that holiday

but the BIG exclusives were in the first half of 2008

DMC4, GTA4, GT5:P, MGS4

Are we seeing a repeat of that? yes

Why you ask? Sales momentum

Price cut = momentum in holidays

But what about the empty months, SONY have those sorted too now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
Onyxmeth said:
CGI-Quality said:
RPG said:

I hear ya man....

There comes a point when a game needs to reach a point where it's ready for release and actually gets released. You can't polish a game indfinitely because there will come a point it needs to come out at retail, and trust me, it will never be 100%. This is especially true for a game claimed to be able to come out any day. Frankly though, for all of the comments Yamauchi has made regarding the game and how many times he's made contradictory statements, I can't help but think he just says whatever to not get negative press, in other words he's lying a lot of the time.

Perhaps, but if the game needs more work, I applaud the time given to it.

Sure, but at what point is enough enough? People have been waiting a long time for this game already. Right now you have people saying patience is a virtue, don't rush the game, etc. but what if it they could polish it for the next three or four years and release it in 2013? Would patience still be a virtue, or is there a point we should be able to play whatever it is they could accomplish with the game? Every game needs to be given to us in a reasonable timetable, otherwise we would never get any games. In the same time it took to make GT5, other studios have managed to get out two very polished, high quality titles in less of a timeframe. What would you rather have?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

darthdevidem01 said:

remember 2007 & then 2008

SONY dropped price in 2007 & did very well that holiday

but the BIG exclusives were in the first half of 2008

DMC4, GTA4, GT5:P, MGS4

Are we seeing a repeat of that? yes

Why you ask? Sales momentum

Price cut = momentum in holidays

But what about the empty months, SONY have those sorted too now

Do you mean big releases? DMC4 and GTA4 aren't exclusives.