By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since no GT5:Sony again messed up Ps3 holidays!

I'm not buying either, but I was looking forward to Forza vs. GT5. Now, everyone will say Grand Turismo waited to see what Forza would do, so that Polyphony could improve their product.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
In my posts I was pointing a long list of titles hitting the PS3 this holiday season.

I'm so fucking tired of reading what people say about how they dropped the ball. How? Explain to me how Sony dropped the ball.
This whole thing pisses me off. Since when did sales of a game prove how great the experience was with a game? I don't get it. Sony apparently hasn't done enough. Price cut, Slim introduction, PS Wand, God of War Collection, Uncharted 2, PSN equal to XBL (you can say what you want but for a free service it's equal), a ton of other games for the holidays. Plus the line-up of software for the first half of 2010.

But it's Sony quite possible the number 1 hated company in the world but I will give the benefit of the doubt where due maybe Microsoft or Apple would be above Sony

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

d21lewis said:
I'm not buying either, but I was looking forward to Forza vs. GT5. Now, everyone will say Grand Turismo waited to see what Forza would do, so that Polyphony could improve their product.

Let's hope so. It wasn't until recently it was confirmed that GT5 would use PSeye head tracking so I wonder if this was added in the last minute (probably after E3) which needs to be worked out. (also push back toward the release of Sony's motion wand) So far I haven't seen this feature in action yet.

micBladeforce said:
Tridrakious said:
In my posts I was pointing a long list of titles hitting the PS3 this holiday season.

I'm so fucking tired of reading what people say about how they dropped the ball. How? Explain to me how Sony dropped the ball.
This whole thing pisses me off. Since when did sales of a game prove how great the experience was with a game? I don't get it. Sony apparently hasn't done enough. Price cut, Slim introduction, PS Wand, God of War Collection, Uncharted 2, PSN equal to XBL (you can say what you want but for a free service it's equal), a ton of other games for the holidays. Plus the line-up of software for the first half of 2010.

But it's Sony quite possible the number 1 hated company in the world but I will give the benefit of the doubt where due maybe Microsoft or Apple would be above Sony

microsoft and apple are way above it i assure you . =).

omg grinch came and took my christmas...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................why???why???....i was sooooooooooooo ready for gt5....noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

ok so back to LoL...anyone in beta??...let's play...and add me plz....Lucifer

Around the Network

Sucks for Sony. They really had some momentum going with the slim and then they pissed it all away. This plus the Wii price cut should guarantee third place for them this holiday.

Some might say it's almost comical.

pterodactyl said:

Sucks for Sony. They really had some momentum going with the slim and then they pissed it all away. This plus the Wii price cut should guarantee third place for them this holiday.

Yay, another Sony hating troll post from this guy!

well, it's bound to happen for the delays and all. Sony is reknown to over promise and under deliver. That's why it has sold as many PS3s as it had until now: all about potentials and promises. But that's also a good thing because it lets people keep praising the AAA games that are coming. Internet people started to hype GOW3, GT5, FF13, etc. last year or so and said that 2009 will rock for PS3, and now that we realize that those games will come in 2010, it'll give the chance to sony supporters to say that 2010 will be the year PS3 pwns.

pterodactyl said:

How do you figure third?

I'm pretty confident it will beat the 360 at least. Hell, it may even give the Wii a run for first this Holiday.