By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's talk sales! ODST sells more in 24 hours than KILLZONE in 29 weeks!

while i appreciate the desperate attempt to start a fanboy war, it is just too obvious.

given the 3 prior games and the near cult-like status of halo compared to one mixed ps2 game and a psp game....why even compare them?

do you really think that the 2 million people who bought it had any indication what the gameplay was? from what i've read people were sold on the name...period. that does nothing more than speak of the competition of name vs name....on which there was never any dispute

beating a dead horse so blatantly should be grounds to get peta on your ass.

art is the excrement of culture

Around the Network

LOL... do u wanna die?

I'm always quick to defend the halo franchise, but I am not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Different system = Different audience = Different strokes for different folks.

ocnkng said:
nightsurge said:
PullusPardus said:
nightsurge said:
Goes to show Gameplay > Graphics.

thats exactly why i like Killzone better than Call of Duty......

oh wait.

Hehehe, I enjoyed Call of Duty's gameplay over Killzone's.   In fact I expect most who have played both games would concur.

wow you just took the fact that ODST sold more and twisted it to diss Killzone  gameplay.

Before you made a comment like that I would expect you give more detail as to what was wrong with kZ2 gameplay wise.

Wow... you just took a simple statement and chose to imply a negative meaning with which I did not intend.  I never said anything was wrong with Killzone 2's gameplay, just that Halo's gameplay and CoD's gameplay is better.

nightsurge said:
PullusPardus said:
nightsurge said:
Goes to show Gameplay > Graphics.

thats exactly why i like Killzone better than Call of Duty......

oh wait.

Hehehe, I enjoyed Call of Duty's gameplay over Killzone's.   In fact I expect most who have played both games would concur.

True enough. I do prefer CoD over every other shooter. I did like Killzone 2 a lot though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

@AlkamistStar

Ever play Halo online? That, my friend, is called Halo Mentality. If someone gets owned, of course you want to rub your balls all over thier face. That's life in the Halo Universe. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
@AlkamistStar

Ever play Halo online? That, my friend, is called Halo Mentality. If someone gets owned, of course you want to rub your balls all over thier face. That's life in the Halo online shooter Universe. ~_n

Not just a Halo thing.  It's present in any online shooter these days.  It originated way back before Halo as well.

CGI-Quality said:

Why even put these games against each other like this? I swear, people TRULY forgot what gaming is all about .Both games are fun. Both games sold well, although Halo will always sell better than Killzone (even though it's still irrelevant).

And before you pull the "we're on a sales site" card, I'm aware of that, and like that this site tracks sales. I just don't see this as useful, in fact, I see it as abusing the site's purpose in the first place. This thread was not made with good intentions.

It's relevant in terms of marketing and the stength of franchise to gaming. It's not relevant when people use sales to support subjective opinions which is something fanboys like to do.

The Halo franchise does wonders. It's stunning.

Black RL said:

Hi guys

What do you think about that?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5279&mp=1

Killzone 2: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12253

I see what you did there...

Now watch this...

ODST 2.000.000 in 24 hours link: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5279&mp=1

Wii Fit http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7480&region=All

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why even put these games against each other like this? I swear, people TRULY forgot what gaming is all about .Both games are fun. Both games sold well, although Halo will always sell better than Killzone (even though it's still irrelevant).

And before you pull the "we're on a sales site" card, I'm aware of that, and like that this site tracks sales. I just don't see this as useful, in fact, I see it as abusing the site's purpose in the first place. This thread was not made with good intentions.

look at the OP, his post record & his other threads

now tell me, are you surprised?

Nope, not surprised at all. Just putting out on the table the reality of the situation, and will now be departing such a thread.

It's typical fanboy nonsense.  Whoopdedoo.

I can't wait to post my Ratchet vs. Banjo Kazooie thread. :)

Thanks for the input, Jeff.