By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Think any console will sell over 1 million WW in one week this holiday?

damn, Dodece is offline, i wanted a reply from him.

Around the Network

I think the 360 has a good chance of getting to 1 million in a week. If it doesn't reach a million, it should be very close (900k range). The 360 was selling about 50-60k a week in October of last year (US numbers), and it has been doubling that rate for the past 4 weeks. The 360 would need to double its peak from last year of 560k. With the holiday bundles coming up, that is definitely possible.

The DS will without a doubt and I think the Wii can if it has the supply. I would have said the week that SSBB released would sell a million consoles but not so much anymore. ;_;

DS-Yes. Whoever thinks it wont for atleast 2 weeks straight is a fool or new to the industry and hasnt done their homework.

PSP-If MGS:PO+ and FFVII:CC can keep sales good in JPN then possibly but i think it will top at about 800-900k for one week.

Wii-Yes if they can get enough shipped to major retailers.If Nintendo cant get snough shipped then it peaks at 850-900k holding for atleast 3.5weeks.

X360-If it can't during HaloWeek or last Christmas where the PS3 and Wii where suffering from supply issues then no chance in hell it will this year. Peak around 600-700k holding for 2weeks then dropping to 400-500k.

PS3-Depends if the $399 price is taken well or not and if Uncharted,HAZE etc get good reviews. It has a better chance than the X360 but price might be a big problem. Peak around 700-800k holding for 3weeks due to JPN and EU/PAL then dropping down to 500k for 2weeks.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Might be (wii) in super mario galaxy week

Around the Network

mitsuhide wins, that was kind of what i said but making it easier to read.

Like i said, I think the 360 and PS3 will probably sell very similar numbers over November and December (2.5-3.0 million) but i think PS3 will have a higher best week....wait, no i said the opposite....
(tries to think of my reasoning behind what i said before)
....oh yes, i was guessing the PS3 would be higher generally but the 360 has the highest single week because of the "one market" nature of 360s sales, wheras as the PS3 has 3 markets to work with (at least for christmas, more like 2.5 during the year) so sales might spike at different times in each region, though i might be wrong with that as it was just a guess.

If any has a chance probably Wii. I'd say probably 2 weeks before Christmas. PS2 has a shot as well.

And of course DS will do it and most likely PSP in one week.

Gaahh! are people not reading what i put, first of all, Zucas, it doesn't matter what game goes where it will be the last full week before christmas day that gets the highest weekof sales.
PSP does have a chance, but not a likely chance...last year was only 680k and the year before that was 800k (higher demand then)...both of those weeks had christmas eve and the day before it (23rd) included in the sales...this year doesnt have christmas eve included, and for America neither is the 23rd.

PS2 i seriously doubt as well.

Lets see if i can guess the highest weeks,...i want to see how close i can get.

DS - 1550k
Wii - 950k OR 1250k (tricky one, depend on how supply is spread...i put an OR by the way, not a - so if it is in the middle i failed)
PSP - 850k (helped by extra demand than last year but bolstered by the week placement)
360 - 750k
PS3 - 700k

Sellin 1 million in a week? WW?

edit: WTF? I didnt post this?

mM

The Wii might be able to do so, if there's enough supply present (I'm thinking something like 200k Japan, 500k America, 300k Europe would be most likely to happen. If Smash Brothers were still being released in December, the odds would have been a bit better. We should have a more definite picture when Nintendo releases their financials (due very soon now).

The 360 does not have any realistic shot of reaching 1 million in weekly sales. The console simply doesn't have enough of a presence in Japan and Europe to pull it off. It's also important to bear in mind that the 360 is essentially already seeing boosted sales at the moment; 125k weekly sales in America is not "normal" numbers for the console. Multiplying the current sales by a factor of 5 or 6 presents a distorted view. (It would be as if taking Wii numbers the week Mario Galaxy is released and then adding a holiday multiplier to them. That's not going to give you an accurate prediction.) Ditto for the PS3, which usually sells around 75k worldwide on a weekly basis; the 120k for this past week is due to the new price cut in Europe.

That's not to say these consoles won't sell well this year (they will), but they aren't cracking a million units in a single week.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)