By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Think any console will sell over 1 million WW in one week this holiday?

No.

Depending on how much Nintendo has stockpiled, sales could be hugely impressive...but I don't think anything will sell a million in one week.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

leo leo leo, you cant say the DS has only a 40% chance of making 1 million a week when, without some kind of catastrophy involving DS stock being destroyed, it clearly will do (thus should be a 95%+chance)

And any mid-range percentages can only apply to consoles that are on the borderline, those being PSP which has the potential if the demand is increased quite a bit over last year, and Wii which has the demand, but supply could pull it one way or the other.

The 360 and PS3 both have a less than 5% chance of passing 1million....Wii maybe 40% (i am debating whether to use JohnLucas' words as a basis of supply, or my own predictions of 5-6M over Nov/Dec)

and though you didn't give anything for PSP i would say 20-30%.

@BenKenobi, i assume you were only refering to home consoles.

@Sulla, do you know when the financial reports are due? because i really want to see them, also does anyone have any links to Sony and MSs reports for the April-June quarter, because i stumbled upon the Nintendo one on the Nintendo Press website (someone gave a link in the SSB:B thread)

DS has a chance of having a 2 million week.

It should easily have at least 3 or 4 1 million weeks.

hmm, dunno about that, i would say DS has more of a shot at 2M than 360/PS3 have at 1M, but i still think its a tiny chance...no console has ever done that.
PS2 max 1.764 million according to VGC.

Wii.

Around the Network

Wii all depends on Nintendos stockpiles & if they exist...It has the potential to scrape a million 1 week i think. 360 has a very small chance, im expecting huge sales in america and europe but ww it really would need a miricle, if they dropped the price to $100 in Japan for 1 week only just to get some of the damn things into homes it would crack 1 million though! PS3 ermm....a more realistic goal would be to top 1 million for the whole of December. Wonder if PS2 will continue to outsell it over the holiday.

Wii: Almost certain. Only stock and production can stop it from achieving it.
DS: 100% sure.
PSP: Could do it, but has lower chances than the above.
Xbox 360: Maybe, lots of american love. But just maybe.
PS3: No.

@Danny, i would be suprised if the PS3 did less than 1.5million in December.

Sega brings production of the DC back online, market dominance by late '09.

The 360 has a chance to do it the week after Thanksgiving and the week of December 6th (Lost Odyssey in Japan). With the huge jump in Japanese sales that week, there might be a chance for it to happen.

PS3, virtually no chance but it might come close the week of Black Friday.

The Wii will only be constrained by its own supply. How many units Big N can get on shelves will dictate whether it hits 1m or not.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/