By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
your mother said:
FishyJoe said:
This title is pretty blatant trolling. Consider this a warning. The content is ok, but the title is total troll bait.

It's a funny title - the comment was funny. How is the title trolling in any way? It's reflective of the statement by Miyamoto which the OP found humorous.

Boy, I hate to say this, but you remind me of ckmlb, only with a Nintendo slant.

/opinion 

²  

See I am not the only one who think this.

*Sending PM to ioi about this*

Around the Network

Whew, I feel some tension in the air. Here's some love FishyJoe.

+1 love for FishyJoe.

Regardless of whether Miyamoto wants to overuse Mario or not. He is the face of Nintendo and Nintendo produced tons of Mario games.

I want Nintendo to do new IP's. Not Mario, Zelda, or Metroid. New!

(Personal Rant: When are the ever gonna change the Zelda battle system? The past 4 console Zelda game have used them!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mod affection at its highest since ckmlb. Please kids, mods sometimes over react. Shams and mrstickball warned people for less than this. Mods make mistakes, but I do not remember them banning someone that did not deserve it (save for Rol). Please give it a rest. Remember, FishyJoe was promoted for being a great contributor not for being a fanboy or to balance things out.
FishyJoe you still get thumbs up from me.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
Mod affection at its highest since ckmlb. Please kids, mods sometimes over react. Shams and mrstickball warned people for less than this. Mods make mistakes, but I do not remember them banning someone that did not deserve it (save for Rol). Please give it a rest. Remember, FishyJoe was promoted for being a great contributor not for being a fanboy or to balance things out.
FishyJoe you still get thumbs up from me.

Funny though,  if CKMLB would have done this everyone would call him the filth of the street.

konnichiwa said:
@ Super_etecon: Like the most of you guys respected CKLMB?

Well I dont know about you, but I respected Ck. In fact I can't think of a single mod here I don't respect, none of them are biased and you sir need to get over yourself.

While Your Mother doesnt agree with the moderators decision (which is fair enough) at least he is being respectful in saying so. If you really want to, PM stof, not Ioi (as Ioi has delegated the responsibility to Stof and I believe BK?). Although I doubt he would do anything about it as the thread clearly did break the rules (as somebody has already posted) and in anycase it is borderline trolling depending on how you interpret it.

Funny though,  if CKMLB would have done this everyone would call him the filth of the street.

Actually I dont remember Cklmb ever being called out for a moderating decision only for his owning trolling in which he occasionally was quite blatant.

Around the Network

THREAD HIJACK:
NEW TOPIC:

Who's been milked the most, and who's been milked the worst?

A) Mario
B) Sonic
C) Mega Man
D) Final Fantasy
E) Other

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

The most: Final Fantasy

The Worst: Sims

Rubang B said:
THREAD HIJACK:
NEW TOPIC:

Who's been milked the most, and who's been milked the worst?

A) Mario
B) Sonic
C) Mega Man
D) Final Fantasy
E) Other

Mario has been milked the most out of those but Sonic has been milked the worst.

Mostly Mario games are high quality, modern Sonic games? Utter crap. 

Avalach21 said:
konnichiwa said:
FishyJoe said:
konnichiwa said:
FishyJoe said:
This title is pretty blatant trolling. Consider this a warning. The content is ok, but the title is total troll bait.

That is why I don't wanted that you would be a mod.

I better don't laugh anymore or otherwise I am a troll.

The OP didn't even mention what the post was about in the title. The title was put there merely to provoke a reaction. That is trolling pure and simple.

Oh yes like hundres of threads like 'OMG THIS IS FUNNY' then you open it and you see a comment from Phil Harrison and the Topic creator is laughing with PH's words. So far no one of them got a warning.

And then their was a mod before you who posted here who doesn't saw harm in it.

Then their is a fact that nobody so far called this trolling even Wii/nintenofans who doesn't saw any harm in it.

And before I forgot if you read all the reactions of Mistred in this thread I doesn't saw any trolling so far.

Lucky Leo-j didn't posted this thread otherwise you would have banned him right?

dude seriously, sit down and shut up.

1. Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic

There we go.  That alone is enough to claim that the title was inappropriate.

If I may speak on my own behalf?

Trolling means more than simply attempting to provoke a reaction. If that were the case, pretty much every thread would be guilty of it. The reactions are why we are here, and not simply writing in diaries. In fact, I'd say the titles are specifically WHERE you want to provoke a response, as a dull title that draws no interest will result in even the most fascinating threads being ignored. That's just marketing 101.

Trolling is something that must be done with the deliberate attempt to provoke an argument."Hahahahaha" does not provoke an argument unto itself, and it certainly isn't a deliberate attempt to do so (if it were, I'm certain I can come up with about 1000 titles that would do a better job of it).  Even if I were attempting to provoke an argument, I'm not sure what it would be. Really, this is akin to going to a movie forum and posting a quote by George Lucas saying he doesn't want to overcommercialize Star Wars. No matter what one's opinion on either man or franchise, the irony is near indisputable.

As for the description you provide of an appropriate title, "Hahahahaha" is certainly safe. I would also think it descriptive - does anyone think such a thread is going to open up into a discussion about the use of metaphor in Zack and Wiki? I doubt it. It clearly is about something that struck the poster as funny.

As for "on topic"... what does that mean, exactly? On topic for the post? The topic was something funny, so the title would seem to fit the bill. On topic in the forum? I suppose I can grant that Nintendo wasn't mentioned or alluded to in the topic, so you may have me there, but I can spot any number of threads that don't directly address Nintendo in their titles either. Given the context, I think any reader would see the title as an implication that something funny happened in relation to Nintendo. Should I have followed the suit of so many who have posted comments by MS and Sony reps, and titled it "LOL! Shiggy does it again!"? On a board in which titles are posted with deliberate sexual allusions have been popping up regulaly, cartoonish laughter is what gets a warning? 

I've posted in more than my share of message boards, some of them very contentious, so I can appreciate the difficulty one can have moderating a place like this. But in this case I think you are trying much to hard to find an offense where on simply does not exist.*

*OK,  the comment about Leo-J could be construed as trolling, though that's not in the title, no one really seems to be citing that as the source of the objection, and Lord knows I've seen such comments made in direct response to his posts countless times with nary a warning.

@Rath I never respected Ck because he really was an fanboy, and one of the worst things you can have on a multiplatform forum is a moderator who is biased for a console.

So far I know I never said something bad about CK.

And about ioi, I asked ioi why he can't give FishyJoe the power to post news on this forum only and why he also gived him the moderator power.

I agree totally with misterd.

@the hijack thread:

Milked most Mario but Square did a lot of milking to with their remakes.

But if you exclude the remakes of the old FF games I would not call it milking because I don't have the feeling that every FF game is somehow the same.

Try to explain it better.

If you are a fan of Mario you probably will like the most of the games with Mario.

But if you like Cloud it doesn't mean you will like FFVIII, FFIX, FFX , FF Chrystal Chronicles.