By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco Dev EXPLAINS why TOV was a Timed 360 Exclusive (SHOCK)!

alekth said:

@Mr. sickVisionz

That I believe. MS obviously put a lot more effort in those cases at least.

ToV and SO4 coming out in the west (ok, at least the US) simultaneousy/almost so was exemplary, and no doubt they had their share in that. With programming support Sony stepped up a lot later, there were plenty of complaints from developers not just about the difficulty but also about lack of assistence.

Eternal Sonata can't be used as a barometer for a mothership Tales game.

A Namco-Bandai game that was originially released on the 360 and got a PS3 version later with additional content can't be used as a barometer for a Namco-Bandai game that was originially released on the 360 and got a PS3 version later with additional content?  I guess....

Around the Network

No, it can't.
While only mildly popular in the US and pretty neglected in Europe, Tales is a big franchise in Japan - not comparable to FF or DQ but still big.
Eternal Sonata was a new IP.

Mr. sickVisionz said:
alekth said:

@Mr. sickVisionz

That I believe. MS obviously put a lot more effort in those cases at least.

ToV and SO4 coming out in the west (ok, at least the US) simultaneousy/almost so was exemplary, and no doubt they had their share in that. With programming support Sony stepped up a lot later, there were plenty of complaints from developers not just about the difficulty but also about lack of assistence.

Eternal Sonata can't be used as a barometer for a mothership Tales game.

A Namco-Bandai game that was originially released on the 360 and got a PS3 version later with additional content can't be used as a barometer for a Namco-Bandai game that was originially released on the 360 and got a PS3 version later with additional content?  I guess....

lets use this instead: http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=Enchanted+arms&console=&publisher=&genre=RPG&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

Carl2291 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

You seemed to miss the most important part:

"SCE don’t really give much cash out (any at all perhaps). Their support is confused and unreliable. When I was doing it at least, the 360 was easier to develop for, which lowers costs.

As a result, first we developed for the Xbox,"

MS actually supports people who want to make games.  Also, good luck on better sales of the PS3 version.  Eternal Sonata is proof that the PS3 version sells better... oh wait.

ToV PS3 already has 250k preorders in Japan.

ToV 360 has sold 170k in Japan.

And ToV sales are pretty much going to establish the fact that timed-exclusive JRPGs on 360, especially from established IPs, will probably be going to PS3 and may well sell quite a bit more copies.  More so if there is a lot of new content or people feel they are getting the "final" or "perfected" edition.

Also, the game is up for MS, as they see the money they spend on timed exclusives isn't netting them much.

evil company has been fooled by a greater evil company hehe nice

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

"SCE don’t really give much cash out (any at all perhaps). Their support is confused and unreliable. When I was doing it at least, the 360 was easier to develop for, which lowers costs.

MS actually supports people who want to make games.  Also, good luck on better sales of the PS3 version.  Eternal Sonata is proof that the PS3 version sells better... oh wait.

Why did Mr. Sick Visions ignore this post?

And why did you ignore mine Carl!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

"SCE don?t really give much cash out (any at all perhaps). Their support is confused and unreliable. When I was doing it at least, the 360 was easier to develop for, which lowers costs.

The same reason u never responded to any of the posts in the SO4 announcement thread......hes wrong

outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

Because it proves his pathetic little arguement wrong.

And sorry <3

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:
Carl2291 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:

"SCE don?t really give much cash out (any at all perhaps). Their support is confused and unreliable. When I was doing it at least, the 360 was easier to develop for, which lowers costs.

The same reason u never responded to any of the posts in the SO4 announcement thread......hes wrong

You responded to be in the SO4 thread? Sorry, haven't checked it since. I'll gladly respond.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't know why they say this is bad.. But I do believe this is just. Like Xxain and some other posters said.

Why pay full price on a "1 YEAR OLD" port?

Everything is Namco's decision. It didn't seem like Sony wanted the game badly otherwise they'd be paying for it. They weren't forced to port it on the PS3, but they were given standards that they should meet.

Ported games like these deserve this. I really hate timed exclusivity. They should keep only two choices. MULTI PLAT and CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE.