By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 FIRST REVIEW by PSM3.....21/20!!!! (can this be true?)!

Wow game isn't out and we can already say it is overrated, since nothing is above perfection.

(don't worry I am getting the game regardless, but this review score is just lack of a better word stupid)

Around the Network

OMFG

game of the mother fukin decade.

Uncharted 2 babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Acevil said:
Wow game isn't out and we can already say it is overrated, since nothing is above perfection.

(don't worry I am getting the game regardless, but this review score is just lack of a better word stupid)

well.......it is a PS3 exclusive

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

This game gonna be 101+ if all these playstation sites give this game ratings out of the chart.

ps3 rulz....that's it.

Around the Network

Ok enough with the arguments....It's a ps3 exclusive for god sakes what did you expect?

if it gets 9-10 or even over that it means it's over rated.

if it gets 7-8 it means it sucks.

so either way ps3 exclusives will never be good ya'll know wa I mean?

wow close 200 comments !

Time to Work !

ph4nt said:
Carl2291 said:
ph4nt said:
Carl2291 said:
Before i go for a shower i want to ask this.

Will the score of 21/20 be put onto Metacritic + Gamerankings?

I demand an answer for when im back!

No.

I haven't gone yet. But why not?

For one, they will never put a score above 100%, there is no extra credit in reviews.

They will take the 21/20 and translate it to 100%

Batman: AA was sitting at like 104% on GameRankings for a while lol

Niiice.

The need to go for an over the top score only serves to remind us that the current way of scoring games is skewed towards the higher end of the scale. This reality probably originates in a past need to show the common people how positive and great the products from the industry gaming were. Maybe even according to other entertainment industries.

Where games should be considered decent at around 50 to 69, they are in fact only considered decent if they fall between 70 and 80.

If then, you have a game that truly excels, like Uncharted 2 seems to, you can't give it a score between 90 and 100, since a ridiculous amount of games already gets that, even undeservedly so. Instead of saving the high end of the scale to the true gems, scores above 90 are too common and when something that actually deserves that comes along, what do you do in order to make a stand in defense of the game? You over score, since there's nothing else left. Even Famitsu has been handing the maximum scores left, right and center.

It's getting ridiculous and our industry only manages to make a childish fool out of itself.