By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still dead SET on selling 13 MILLION PS3s in 2009!

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
Don't put your expectations too high with FFXIII, GT5 and GoW3 effect on PS3 sales because you will be very disappointed...

Ummm, why would anybody have to worry about any of these games sales? Y do you frequent Sony discussions when you never contribute anything positive whatsoever?

Oh sorry, I didnt know Sony discussions were exclusively for people who agreed with the OP.

You do nothing but start fights and post negatively though. Rarely do you dispute rationally and that's what I'm getting at. How do you know the sales of those games will be bad, that's right, you don't.

Did I say the sales of these games will be bad?

Why would people be disappointed with good sales? Come on, let's not play childish here...

I think you should read what I said one more time. I said don't have too high expectations on FF13, GT5 and GoW3 on PS3 SALES which is quite different.

You're insinuating poorer PS3 sales than what is expected. As mentioned, people made those claims with the Slim/price cut. Look what happened.

What I'm saying is, these things aren't always so clear cut, and you wouldn't be in here saying what you're saying if the console in question wasn't the PS3.

Wanna try again...?

What I'm trying to say is that these games won't push HW like you Sony fanboys would like.

Call us what you want, Final Fantasy WILL sell systems in Japan, GOWIII will spike systems in NA, and GT5 will be a WW system seller.

Too bad you're so wrapped up in personal bias that you let delusions cloud your better judgement.

People who want to buy FF13 in Japan already bought their PS3 when the demo was released.

GOWIII will spike systems in NA? LMAO! Please you should take a look at GoW2 sales... (on the mighty PS2)

People who want to buy GT5 probably already bought their PS3 too.

Sorry, wanna try again?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
dolemit3 said:
CGI-Quality said:

THERE HASN'T BEEN A FULL GRAN TURISMO RELEASE THIS GEN YET

What part of that don't you compute...?

Which is why the prologue sold so well -- no competition from the previous full GT title.

You really think Prologue will hinder GT5's sales?

I think that Prologue numbers are inflated and don't necessarily mean how much the full title will sell. It will surely outdo Prologue but it won't be 4 times as much, more like 2-3 times.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

IF ANYTHING it is GT5 that can be a real system seller for PS3

it comes from a 10 million per game selling franchise

I'm sure you expected Halo 3 & Zelda to sell TONS of Xbox 360's & wii's respectively

well guess what, Gran Turismo is bigger than both of them

We're not in 2005. GT is now < than Halo and Zelda. And there is no way GT5 will ever reach 10 mil. If GT4 IV didnt reach that mark I don't see how GT5 will reach it.

GT is not < Halo nor Zelda

in fact GT5:P has sold 4 Million

which proves the franchise is so strong, it tricked 4 million people into buying an overpriced demo

Has Halo or Zelda done that in any form? no

GT is still > Halo & zelda

LMAO

GT5:P sold 3.12 mil not 4 mil and was heavily bundled in some territories.

Halo 3 sold 10 mil and is still selling while The Legend of Zelda is near the 7 mil mark an is still selling.

PD have stated GT5:P has sold 4million... including downloads.

GT3 + GT1 = 25.83million

Halo 1 + Halo 2 + Halo 3 = 24.99million

The Legend of Zelda + OoT + TP(Wii) + TP(GC) + ALttP = 25.6million

There we can see. Zelda is in no way the same league of sales compared to Halo and GT.

Halo is JUST getting into Gran Turismo's league... JUST.

lol I said it earlier we're not in 2005 anymore. Stop comparing GT1 - GT4 sales to a GT game on the PS3... please! Not the same userbase at all.

atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
Don't put your expectations too high with FFXIII, GT5 and GoW3 effect on PS3 sales because you will be very disappointed...

Ummm, why would anybody have to worry about any of these games sales? Y do you frequent Sony discussions when you never contribute anything positive whatsoever?

Oh sorry, I didnt know Sony discussions were exclusively for people who agreed with the OP.

You do nothing but start fights and post negatively though. Rarely do you dispute rationally and that's what I'm getting at. How do you know the sales of those games will be bad, that's right, you don't.

Why would people be disappointed with good sales? Come on, let's not play childish here...

I think you should read what I said one more time. I said don't have too high expectations on FF13, GT5 and GoW3 on PS3 SALES which is quite different.

You're insinuating poorer PS3 sales than what is expected. As mentioned, people made those claims with the Slim/price cut. Look what happened.

What I'm saying is, these things aren't always so clear cut, and you wouldn't be in here saying what you're saying if the console in question wasn't the PS3.

Wanna try again...?

What I'm trying to say is that these games won't push HW like you Sony fanboys would like.

Call us what you want, Final Fantasy WILL sell systems in Japan, GOWIII will spike systems in NA, and GT5 will be a WW system seller

Too bad you're so wrapped up in personal bias that you let delusions cloud your better judgemen

People who want to buy FF13 in Japan already bought their PS3 when the demo was released.

GOWIII will spike systems in NA? LMAO! Please you should take a look at GoW2 sales... (on the mighty PS2)

Sorry, wanna try again?

Why are you arguing, this thread is just about fiscal forecasts, and you come in saying something like "set your expectations that high and expect them to be shattered"?

mM
atma998 said:
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

I'm sure you expected Halo 3 & Zelda to sell TONS of Xbox 360's & wii's respectively

We're not in 2005. GT is now < than Halo and Zelda. And there is no way GT5 will ever reach 10 mil. If GT4 IV didnt reach that mark I don't see how GT5 will reach it.

which proves the franchise is so strong, it tricked 4 million people into buying an overpriced demo

LMAO

Halo 3 sold 10 mil and is still selling while The Legend of Zelda is near the 7 mil mark an is still selling.

GT3 + GT1 = 25.83million

There we can see. Zelda is in no way the same league of sales compared to Halo and GT.

lol I said it earlier we're not in 2005 anymore. Stop comparing GT1 - GT4 sales to a GT game on the PS3... please! Not the same userbase at all.

You're right. PS3 games are selling MORE on LESS of a userbase then their last gen counterparts. MGS4 > MGS3 in sales.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:

Wanna try again...?

Call us what you want, Final Fantasy WILL sell systems in Japan, GOWIII will spike systems in NA, and GT5 will be a WW system seller.

Too bad you're so wrapped up in personal bias that you let delusions cloud your better judgement.

Sorry, wanna try again?

Wanna try what, we just gave our speculative figures, except that you speak in absolutes.

Nothing to try, you've already shown you're not willing to listen to reason, why bother...?

Why when it comes to GT, you Sony guys are completely delusionnal? I mean it's easy to understand that this game won't hit the 10 million like its previous iterations barely did on a 130mil+ userbase.

The thread is becoming unreadable with all the megaquotations.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

atma998 said:
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

LMAO

GT3 + GT1 = 25.83million

MGS4 > MGS3 says PS3 games can sell better than PS2 games.

Anyway, what about our bet?

GT5 Sales could be even higher than GT4
I Mean just look at the Prolouge Sales
or compare MGS4 Sales (PS3) with MGS3 Sales (PS2)
and voila

Its a very possible possibility. Anyone who says otherwies is just someone who likes spreading FUD and thats all they do