By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still dead SET on selling 13 MILLION PS3s in 2009!

Stop atma, get over your jealousy and stop the pissing contest.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ atma

Tell me, why is MGS4 higher in sales than MGS3 on a FAR smaller userbase than the PS2's?

Explain that...

How much competition did it really have? It was also heavily hyped and advertised. Also it was relaesed at a time that basicaly had no releases at all, infact the only game that Microsoft released at that time was Ninja Gaiden II.

Let me explain my first sentence. I mean how many stealth games were on the PS3

Edit: I type slowly

ROFL at Zelda > Gran Turismo.

I think Sony can reach their forecast. A massive Holiday with GT5 and FFXIII (Japan), then keeping up the sales with a packed Q1 including MAG and God of War III.

DaHuuuuuudge said:

Jealousy? LMAO

I'm so jealous that delusionnal people have some incredible expectations! Please...

Teh modz is on vacashion.

Around the Network

@atma

for gods sake PLEASE use the websites game database before claiming GT > Zelda & Halo

you are a member on VGC, you have a wonderful database with sales of past games of those franchises here!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
tedsteriscool said:
Teh modz is on vacashion.

Truth be told though, I'd have no problem debating, REASONABLY, with him. He isn't providing that though...

Oh definitely. I waited until about 10 flamebait posts before my twitchy index finger won.

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
DaHuuuuuudge said:

Jealousy? LMAO

I'm so jealous that delusionnal people have some incredible expectations! Please...

Explain these "delusions".

''FF13, GT5 & GOW 3 will move tons of PS3's!''

''GT is still > Halo & zelda''

''10mil LIFETIME for gran turismo 5 sounds more than plausible for me.''

''GT5 will BLOW PAST 7 Million........

in fact GT5 won't see 7 Million as it will ZOOM past it so fast, it won't even have time to check the rear view mirrors for the 7 Million mark''

those are the pure definition of delusions imo.

Hey atma, why not just put your money where your mouth is, and instead of all these useless (though entertaining) quote pyramids,you take a bet with all these "delusional sony fanboys"

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

CGI-Quality said:
dsister44 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ atma

Tell me, why is MGS4 higher in sales than MGS3 on a FAR smaller userbase than the PS2's?

Explain that...

How much competition did it really have? It was also heavily hyped and advertised. Also it was relaesed at a time that basicaly had no releases at all, infact the only game that Microsoft released at that time was Ninja Gaiden II.

Let me explain my first sentence. I mean how many stealth games were on the PS3

How many games are like Gran Turismo on PS3, and I don't mean racers I mean sims.

And again, it isn't that clear cut, look at how many shooters the 360 had before the launch of Halo. Did they stop Halo 3 from selling it's HIGHEST #s in the franchise's record?

@Bolded

There are a few. Grid, Shift, Ferrari Challenge, and of course Prologue. How may of the first three were released before Prologue?

And you and I both know that no random shooter is going to mess with the beast that is Halo

On a side note: I think it should be known that I do not agree with what Atma and Dolemit3 are saying just adding my two cents