By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still dead SET on selling 13 MILLION PS3s in 2009!

The PS3 should fall next week, but keep in mind that the holidays are coming, so 200k-300k through sep and oct and 300k-400k to nov dec are very probable, weekly, I mean. So something close to 5-6 mln PS3 on the low side, without counting black friday, xmas and the big releases like FF(japan) and GT5(if it happens), is what I expect for the PS3 till the end of the year. Till march, for the FY, 13 mln is stretching too much, but above 10mln is very possible.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

IF ANYTHING it is GT5 that can be a real system seller for PS3

it comes from a 10 million per game selling franchise

I'm sure you expected Halo 3 & Zelda to sell TONS of Xbox 360's & wii's respectively

well guess what, Gran Turismo is bigger than both of them

We're not in 2005. GT is now < than Halo and Zelda. And there is no way GT5 will ever reach 10 mil. If GT4 IV didnt reach that mark I don't see how GT5 will reach it.

atma998 said:
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:
Don't put your expectations too high with FFXIII, GT5 and GoW3 effect on PS3 sales because you will be very disappointed...

Thats what people said about the pricecut and slim.

Guess what? People weren't dissapointed.

And how much do you think PS3 sales will be next week and the week after?

Higher than Wii sales.

Do you want to take a bet?

Sure. Whats the stakes?

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
Don't put your expectations too high with FFXIII, GT5 and GoW3 effect on PS3 sales because you will be very disappointed...

Ummm, why would anybody have to worry about any of these games sales? Y do you frequent Sony discussions when you never contribute anything positive whatsoever?

Oh sorry, I didnt know Sony discussions were exclusively for people who agreed with the OP.

You do nothing but start fights and post negatively though. Rarely do you dispute rationally and that's what I'm getting at. How do you know the sales of those games will be bad, that's right, you don't.

Did I say the sales of these games will be bad?

Why would people be disappointed with good sales? Come on, let's not play childish here...

I think you should read what I said one more time. I said don't have too high expectations on FF13, GT5 and GoW3 on PS3 SALES which is quite different.

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

I'm sure you expected Halo 3 & Zelda to sell TONS of Xbox 360's & wii's respectively

We're not in 2005. GT is now < than Halo and Zelda. And there is no way GT5 will ever reach 10 mil. If GT4 IV didnt reach that mark I don't see how GT5 will reach it.

Gran Turismo is smaller than Zelda? Are you kidding me?

Of course. Just double Twilight Princess' sales and voila!

Around the Network
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

GT is not < Halo nor Zelda

in fact GT5:P has sold 4 Million

which proves the franchise is so strong, it tricked 4 million people into buying an overpriced demo

Has Halo or Zelda done that in any form? no

GT is still > Halo & zelda

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess sold near 7 mil and still selling. A mark that GT5 won't ever see.

atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

Get a grip. Please.

We havent even had a full GT game this gen, and you are already ruling it out.

And Zelda > Gran Turismo is just delusional.

darthdevidem01 said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

GT is not < Halo nor Zelda

in fact GT5:P has sold 4 Million

which proves the franchise is so strong, it tricked 4 million people into buying an overpriced demo

Has Halo or Zelda done that in any form? no

GT is still > Halo & zelda

LMAO

GT5:P sold 3.12 mil not 4 mil and was heavily bundled in some territories.

Halo 3 sold 10 mil and is still selling while The Legend of Zelda is near the 7 mil mark an is still selling.

atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@atma

truth be told

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess sold near 7 mil and still selling. A mark that GT5 won't ever see.

Over two platforms. Lets have Yamauchi release GT5 on PS2 as well if you want to compare it like that, then we can see which franchise is bigger?