By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No October conference in America, no more surprises

Because to buy a balance board you need to pay 10 more dollars now. The only way of getting a balance board is by buying Wii Fit+ which costs 100$, since Wii Fit will no longer be made (which costed 90$).

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Really the classic Wii Fit will no longer be made? if it's true we know why Iwata expects this to sell 10+ millions by the end of the years, it will have the new customers + all the people who weekly buy Wii Fit.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

@Buzzi: No, they expect more than 10 million because the Wii Fit+ disc can be bought alone for 20$ only. It will be mostly bought by people who already own the original Wii Fit because it's cheap and it's an expansion to the older game.

I doubt the new balance board bundle will attract more customers weekly than what the old bundle is already attracting, mainly because it's not something new at all, it's an expanssion to a game that has been on shelves for more than a year and a half. Also because of the higher pricepoint.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

... from the VP of Corporate affairs... aka the person who supervises the accounting dept. When the actual reps say something, we'll go with that. Matt might as well have interviewed one of the janitors. Not saying that it isn't true, I'm just saying it isn't a sustainable source.

@bardic: If we are going to doubt Nintendo's word then we shall doubt their E3 games will ever make it.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

So many unknown projects the studios are working on, and so little info.

what are they up to? Seriously, what are they working on that will take so long to announce?

I LOVE ICELAND!

trestres said:
@bardic: If we are going to doubt Nintendo's word then we shall doubt their E3 games will ever make it.

Apparently you missed Bards entire point, various positions at a company have more knowledge about what is going on, a Nintendo retail representative would not be informed on many things within the company like if/when/where a conference will be held, a developer will know info about the game hes working on and maybe a few others, but won't know what the company as a whole is doing. 

At E3 Nintendo makes official declarations from the mouths of the heads of the company, the people that talk to the press is basically PR, Nintendo PR is trained in the skill of not telling you anything, cause for better or worse they don't actually know the corporate plan on ______ project, when coporate wants to make it official they'll have an official press release, not an interview with websites, it's how Nintendo has always worked they really don't play favorites.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

^^^ Lol thanks Max, I've actually got Tres on WordsofWisdom's ignore script. I got tired of hearing Nintend-emo a while ago.

You still think she's lying then? So no one has any authority beyond Reggie then. We shouldn't believe anything anyone says at NoA then. To the hell, why even believe Reggie, if he's not even capable of making any decisions by his own according to most people here. So unless Iwata says it we are going to be sceptic.

This is a very worrying problem if you are going to doubt authority, then it's not just some problem over an internet board but rather one in real life.

BTW bardic, I know you don't have me on ignore otherwise you wouldn't have been able to read the OP lol. But even then, your attitude towards Nintendo lately has been that of a fanboy, no offense, but you are taking jabs at anyone who doesn't believe Nintendo are Gods.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

bardicverse said:
^^^ Lol thanks Max, I've actually got Tres on WordsofWisdom's ignore script. I got tired of hearing Nintend-emo a while ago.

No problem I'm slightly hoping some of what is said in this thread will penetrate.  Honestly Nintendo works differently then the rest of the gaming world but once you learn what to expect they're pretty predictable.  Don't expect PR to tell you anything, don't expect to know anything WAY WAY ahead of time, unless it's announced and for some reason or another is delayed, and don't go in expecting surprises and you won't be disappointed, but if they do pull a E3 2004 it's epic.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000