By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No October conference in America, no more surprises

MaxwellGT2000 said:
bardicverse said:
^^^ Lol thanks Max, I've actually got Tres on WordsofWisdom's ignore script. I got tired of hearing Nintend-emo a while ago.

No problem I'm slightly hoping some of what is said in this thread will penetrate.  Honestly Nintendo works differently then the rest of the gaming world but once you learn what to expect they're pretty predictable.  Don't expect PR to tell you anything, don't expect to know anything WAY WAY ahead of time, unless it's announced and for some reason or another is delayed, and don't go in expecting surprises and you won't be disappointed, but if they do pull a E3 2004 it's epic.

I get what you say, but if we are going to doubt about everything we become sceptics. We can never believe in anyone, because there's a chance they might be lying.

I would not believe my doctor if he tells me I have cancer, because maybe he's lying. I would not believe my techer anything he teaches me because he might be lying.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
You still think she's lying then? So no one has any authority beyond Reggie then. We shouldn't believe anything anyone says at NoA then. To the hell, why even believe Reggie, if he's not even capable of making any decisions by his own according to most people here. So unless Iwata says it we are going to be sceptic.

This is a very worrying problem if you are going to doubt authority, then it's not just some problem over an internet board but rather one in real life.

BTW bardic, I know you don't have me on ignore otherwise you wouldn't have been able to read the OP lol. But even then, your attitude towards Nintendo lately has been that of a fanboy, no offense, but you are taking jabs at anyone who doesn't believe Nintendo are Gods.

And you've been endlessly griefing since you came back, albeit in a way that skirts the wrath of the mods (for now)

An ideal formula for conflict.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

@Mr Khan: No, it's just that my ideas and beliefs go contrary to the majority's and I have yet to be proven wrong. Many times I've been called out and ended up correct.

I have more of a realistic way of looking at Nintendo than many of you. Look at my first year in the site, I was a total wreck of a fanboy, but I'm no longer. I am ashamed of my first 2000 posts or so.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

hey tres, theres a price drop now so you dont have to be annoyed with them anymore kthnxbi

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

MaxwellGT2000 said:
bardicverse said:
^^^ Lol thanks Max, I've actually got Tres on WordsofWisdom's ignore script. I got tired of hearing Nintend-emo a while ago.

No problem I'm slightly hoping some of what is said in this thread will penetrate.  Honestly Nintendo works differently then the rest of the gaming world but once you learn what to expect they're pretty predictable.  Don't expect PR to tell you anything, don't expect to know anything WAY WAY ahead of time, unless it's announced and for some reason or another is delayed, and don't go in expecting surprises and you won't be disappointed, but if they do pull a E3 2004 it's epic.

Exactly. Its all a matter of getting a word from the people at the core of the matter. It's sort of like the Capcom forums - you could believe Sven all you want, but in the end, he's not in the know on things. Get it from the heads, the people that are always announcing things, not from some random Joe in the office.

If I have one major gripe about Nintendo, its their lack of amping up their games. There is NO WAY that Disaster: Day of Crisis should have done so badly, or the Conduit (despite it being from a diff publisher) Nintendo could do SO much to give their 3rd parties a little extra boost when their games release.

Around the Network

@ bardicverse

i thought so too, thats why i was so surprised by thier support for murramassa

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia