By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No October conference in America, no more surprises

trestres said:
@Iningo: It appears they are related, since the American one not happening may be a direct consequence of the Japanese one not happening.

No, we don't know that at all. We don't know the Japanese one isn't happening. Stop speculating, and stick to the facts.

Around the Network
Inigo13 said:
trestres said:
@Iningo: It appears they are related, since the American one not happening may be a direct consequence of the Japanese one not happening.

No, we don't know that at all. We don't know the Japanese one isn't happening. Stop speculating, and stick to the facts.

We don't know it but we can obviously tell that if they are attending a show at the same day they held the last one last year, they are not going to be having a conference in parallel.

Believe what you want, but we can be 99% sure that this is the replacement for the media summit.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sigh... That doesn't make any difference, stop grasping at straws. I mean, E3 was in June in 2009 but July in 2008.

Plus this event is happening the 3rd/4th because it's a weekend.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

No megaton in my opininion was games coming for holidays, there can still be price cuts and zelda 2011 trailer/ teaser, by the way when is the september conference

Who says they can't be showing something at the Kyoto Cross event? And there's no need to be making 2 consecutive events on the same week (s). They are having this because they don't attend TGS. I don't see the reasoning behind having 2 events one after the other, when 1 is enough.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Well, big games do get press releases when announced, but lately Nintendo has been doing all announcements at conferences, save for smaller ones. If they announce anything it will be at this event, but I seriously doubt this will be like their last October Conference.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

They doesnt show nothing new SURE

trestres said:

Who says they can't be showing something at the Kyoto Cross event? And there's no need to be making 2 consecutive events on the same week (s). They are having this because they don't attend TGS. I don't see the reasoning behind having 2 events one after the other, when 1 is enough.

your logic seems to be fraying. You suggested right in this comment a possible solution "who says they can't be showing anything?" can readily translate to "who says they aren't." Certainly they haven't indicated it, but they haven't not indicated it.

Equally, you stated that the dates for events don't have to be equal year over year, but then turn around and say that the one event being at a certain date precludes the existence of the other event.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

tres, event in london is most likely wiiware stuff and DSiware stuff. i believe theve done this before and thats where the infamous 'otaku' comment came from

also reggie said this at E3

IGN: We saw a bunch of games on your show floor that you didn't really highlight at your event. Titles like Line Attack Heroes. We didn't, however, see games like Trace Memory or Cosmic Walker. What's going on there?

Reggie: The interesting thing is that even though E3 is back into a larger footprint, this footprint here is about two thirds the size of our footprint in 2006. So that always forces us to make tough decisions about what we show. And even here today, I'm hearing that we have a line around our booth for Spirit Tracks for Zelda. We have more content than we're able to show in this type of space, which means that fall conferences that we hold here in Americas -- those take on more meaning to highlight some of the games that you mention.

IGN: So if a game isn't here, does that necessarily mean that it won't release this holiday?

Reggie: There are maybe some games that will still make it this year. A lot of it is how the final tuning in development goes. And again, anything like that we'll talk about in the fall.

so clearly nintendo were planning to have an event in the fall, maybe its been cancelled who knows. to me it seems more like shes talking about them not anouncing any more games for the holidays

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...