By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No October conference in America, no more surprises

yuexxx said:
Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 - Nintendo event plans
takes place on Oct. 3rd and 4th
- demo of Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and Pokemon Scramble
- DS download for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- DS download for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Heart Gold/Soul Silver for an event exclusive Pikachu with a Totte Oki skill, as well as a Yellow Forest course map
- DSi download DSi photo frame

==> NOTHING NEW

I predict a very difficult 2010 for us ( Ninty fans) because we see the dead of wii

What?

Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2, Cosmic Walker, Dynamic Slash, Monado: Beginning of the World, Pikmin 3 and  Zelda Wii.

Third parties: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Fragile, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter 3, The Grinder, No More Heroes 2, Samurai Warriors 3 or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers.

Around the Network

People are doubting Nintendo's word for it? I mean, I would make a bet against anyone that there won't be an October conference this year. Who is up for it? 2 weeks of avatar and sig control. The first to accept gets it.

@woopah: They already said the event isn't happening so it's cancelled, most probably being replaced by the September conference in the West and the Kyoto Cross appearance in Japan.

@Mr Khan: You do realize that there was no other event replacing E3, while this is clearly an event that would overlap completely with their fall conference. It was always done in the first week of October, so it's clear they have chosen to attend to the Kyoto Cross event and not do the fall conference this year. Plus we already have the word from NoA that there won't be one this yearm which sounds strange, since there was originally going to be one according to Reggie. Seems like a last minute change in favour of the Kyoto Cross Event (KCE).

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

so where do you believe they will show off more of the conference games? or do you think they will stealth release them?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

They still need a venue for the necessary announcements for the holiday lineup, unless they plan to do so at a rather random time and place, which isn't the treatment i would expect them to give such games.

Though how exactly did they date Animal Crossing last year? Did that come with the Fall Conference?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

woopah said:
so where do you believe they will show off more of the conference games? or do you think they will stealth release them?

Stealth release of course, like they've done with most of their titles. It's their policy this gen and I don't expect them to change it, even if the results are utterly bad.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I think people forget that you don't need a media conference to announce things and knowing Nintendo, they'll just release a press statement like this:

New Wii Colors coming bundled with NSMBWii

*info*

- Nintendo of America

So although I think Nintendo could very well sit pretty, it doesn't neccesarily mean nothing will come from Nintendo for the holidays.

Mr Khan said:

They still need a venue for the necessary announcements for the holiday lineup, unless they plan to do so at a rather random time and place, which isn't the treatment i would expect them to give such games.

Though how exactly did they date Animal Crossing last year? Did that come with the Fall Conference?

They really don't have many games for this Holidays. Wii Fit+, Endless Ocean 2 and Pokemon G/S Remakes will be out bfore the Kyoto Meeting. What would be left to announce are the release dates of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and NSMBWii. Only 2 games, so there's not much necessity of making a whole conference based on 2 games. That's why I think they are attending this event and they have 2 days to explain their Holiday line up.

Seeing that they don't attend TGS and that all of the 3rd party games will be there, they just need to announce 2 release dates and that's it. That would look piss poor, so they chose to go to this event and have demos for older games for people to play.

I don't even think there will be any announcements at all, because of all the games announced last year at October, less than half are out.

Like I said many times before, people need to stop getting hyped about Nintendo events. I'm warning anyone getting hyped for this Kyoto Meeting, that there won't probably be any new games at all. They didn't even mention SMG2, Metroid: Other M, S&P2, or any of the last years Oct conference games to be present.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

puffy said:
I think people forget that you don't need a media conference to announce things and knowing Nintendo, they'll just release a press statement like this:

New Wii Colors coming bundled with NSMBWii

*info*

- Nintendo of America

So although I think Nintendo could very well sit pretty, it doesn't neccesarily mean nothing will come from Nintendo for the holidays.

True, the gaming world hangs on anything Nintendo says, and as secretive as Nintendo is, they are more likely to give very little information until they are 100% ready

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Well that really sucks... I wonder what will happen with the rumored Zelda trailer next month?

First, let me say it is still possible for a Fall Conference. NoA is not always the official source of Nintendo doing, and they may mean that in the context of the US.

However, I'm going to agree with trestres and say there won't be one. There is still a lot of games that have not come out that were shown at the last conference as well as titles from E3. We still have yet to get Galaxy 2, Other M and Golden Sun DS, which may release in the early half of the year (which is notoriously slow for game releases). There is a lot of stuff left. They may also announce some B and C titles out of the blue.