By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No October conference in America, no more surprises

Since Super Smash Bross we havent a AAA game.
Mario galaxy and metroid sure release over november
NSMB WII sure that be a good game i will buy day one but.... it´s not a AAA game

Around the Network

Wait, after reading the article it seams as she talks about NoA only, but no one said there won't be a conference in Japan right?

Here's a link to the actual article on IGN. It's the weekly Nintendo Minute. http://wii.ign.com/articles/102/1023664p1.html

As you can see, Matt from IGN is specifically asking about a conference in America. So, Denise, in turn, answers specifically about America - which is the only region she'd allowed by Nintendo to talk about. Pretty clear cut.

yuexxx said:
Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 - Nintendo event plans
takes place on Oct. 3rd and 4th
- demo of Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and Pokemon Scramble
- DS download for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- DS download for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Heart Gold/Soul Silver for an event exclusive Pikachu with a Totte Oki skill, as well as a Yellow Forest course map
- DSi download DSi photo frame

==> NOTHING NEW

I predict a very difficult 2010 for us ( Ninty fans) because we see the dead of wii

Yeah, like they're going to announce anything they might have up their sleeves ahead of time. Just like before E3 2008, when everyone freaked out that all Nintendo had confirmed ahead of time was this one DS game (though to be fair, what they did bring wasn't better, but it was more than that, at least).

The only problem i have with her statement is this: They need a venue to date NSMBWii & Spirit Tracks, unless they just drop a press release out of the clear blue sky like they did with the date (and confirmation) of the localized version of Starfy, and the date for Punch-Out!!, but i think those titles merit something a little better than a random press release.

And trestres, you know that the London event is apparently strictly DSiWare/WiiWare, right? Nothing's going to come of it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Inigo13 said:
trestres said:
@Inigo: She didn't say that, did you read what she wrote? I said that in an earlier post because it's obvious they won't be attending any other events, because there are no more events coming besides TGS. I did aknowledge the September event in the OP.

I saw very clearly what she wrote. I don't think you did. You're seeing what you want to here.

Seriously, you're actually trying to tell us that she meant no more conferences for Nintendo worldwide at all....except for London and TGS. That makes zero sense.

Are you blind or what? Nintendo never attends TGS, so count that one out. If you followed the forum rules, you should know that you have to read the OP. She never said no more conferences, I said that. In the OP she said no media summit this year (Oct Conference) and after the September event there aren't any other events they will be attending, because simply there aren't any gaming events around the World.

Now there's that Kyoto Cross thing, but that's new and we just found out today and we already know what they are showcasing there. That's probably their replacement for not having an October conference. It's not even an event of their own, rather than a multi company one.

They aren't having their conference if they are having the Kyoto Cross event the same day that the October conference happened last year. Case solved.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Looks like Kyoto Cross is replacing the October Conference, I'm quoting from the original source:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/12/nintendo_kyoto_event/

"Hope you weren't expecting too much from Nintendo's showing at the Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 Event. The company detailed its plans yesterday, and... well, this seems to be a small scale event as far as game shows go.

As detailed earlier this month, the Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 event, or Kyoto CMEX 2009 for short, is one part of the Japan International Contents Festival (CoFesta) event series. The event highlights Japanese media content, including manga, movies, and games, through exhibits and sessions targeting both professionals and the general public.

Nintendo will appear at the event in the creatively titled "Nintendo Game Event." This will be held on October 3 and October 4.

The event will feature three corners.

A Wii demo corner will offer playable Mario & Sonic At Vancouver Olympics, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and Pokemon Scramble. All but Mario & Sonic will be out by the time the event starts.

A DS download corner will offer a downloadable build of the DS version of Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympics. The demo will feature such events as bobsledding and giant slalom.

Of perhaps greatest interest is the DS data download corner, which will offer some sweet Pokemon downloads. Those who bring their copy of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl or Heart Gold & Soul Silver will be able to take delivery of an event-exclusive Pikachu with a "Totte Oki" skill, which the character cannot normally learn. The internet translates this skill to "Last Resort" (but I wouldn't know because I don't know nothing about no Pokemon). Heart Gold & Soul Silver owners will also be able to download a special "Kiiro no Mori" (Yellow Forest) course map for their Poke Walker. The Kiiro no Mori is, it seems, home to a large number of Pikachus.

Also on offer in the DS data download corner will be a special event-exlusive DSi photo frame. This frame can be used for framing pics you take with the DSi camera.

The event will also have special stages, details about which will be shared in a future update.

And that's it! This doesn't seem like a major event, so it's presumably of interest only to the local crowd."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/12/nintendo_kyoto_event/

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

I suppose one could point out that we did know in advance that Nintendo was going to be showcasing something new at the October Media Summit last year, as i remember reading Iwata indicating as such ahead of time, but we also must never take them saying "this is what we're going to show at x," all too literally. The only troublesome part of that statement (which i'm not 100% on, since i can't read Kanji all that well, and i can't run the text through a translator) is that they haven't indicated that their might be anything out of Kyoto Cross

But nothing is coming out of September, except probably a lot of information on WiiWare/DSiWare that could actually be rather useful (perfect time for us to see something solid on Cave Story, and Nicalis's other works, as well as a possible localization of Dragon Quest Wars or something. Also get that whole Turtles in Time coming to WiiWare thing clarified).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

trestres said:
Inigo13 said:
trestres said:
@Inigo: She didn't say that, did you read what she wrote? I said that in an earlier post because it's obvious they won't be attending any other events, because there are no more events coming besides TGS. I did aknowledge the September event in the OP.

I saw very clearly what she wrote. I don't think you did. You're seeing what you want to here.

Seriously, you're actually trying to tell us that she meant no more conferences for Nintendo worldwide at all....except for London and TGS. That makes zero sense.

Are you blind or what? Nintendo never attends TGS, so count that one out. If you followed the forum rules, you should know that you have to read the OP. She never said no more conferences, I said that. In the OP she said no media summit this year (Oct Conference) and after the September event there aren't any other events they will be attending, because simply there aren't any gaming events around the World.

Now there's that Kyoto Cross thing, but that's new and we just found out today and we already know what they are showcasing there. That's probably their replacement for not having an October conference. It's not even an event of their own, rather than a multi company one.

They aren't having their conference if they are having the Kyoto Cross event the same day that the October conference happened last year. Case solved.

Matt wasn't asking about the Japanese media summit. He was asking about any conferences like the one in
Europe. That's what Denise was responding to. Whether or not the Japanese conference happens has zero to do with what Denise was talking about.

@Iningo: It appears they are related, since the American one not happening may be a direct consequence of the Japanese one not happening.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Oh Nintendo...do you even care anymore?

At least tout holiday exclusives, sheesh!