By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku's Rumor: Wii Pirce drop comming in October

The more I read it, the more I think it is BS.

That listing comes from an early version of a Walmart ad that loosely dates, but does not price a "rollback" for Nintendo's console.
It loosely dates a price drop? No one advertises that a price drop is going to happen (that would stop people from buying your product). They advertise that it has happened. This sounds like wishful thinking from Kotaku.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
axumblade said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
axumblade said:
Interesting. I can't wait until then to see what happens. I'm still not sure if I completely believe it.

Just letting you know your sig is cool, but is has a minor typo. It says "Domed" instead of "Doomed". Not sure if you made it or someone else did. Again, just letting you know.

On topic, I'll just wait and see,

lol. it's based on the VGC people who say Domed instead of Doomed. :)

I see.

Also, this cold just as easily be Wal-Mart trying to sell it for less, not Nintendo cutting the price.

It would be really interesting to see how many consoles Wal-Mart could move if they dropped the price significantly.

Unfortunately, if it was a limited sale (to one retailer) it would simply boil down to Wal-Mart selling out of the Wii at that sale price, conceivably for as long as they held the sale (perceived value for the consumer increases when viewed as a discounted item).

I can understand people wishing Wii to drop under $150, I do too, but I perfectly know it's only wishful thinking in the short term.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

maykissthebride said:

But me (and a lot of you guys) im a game enthusiast: i read about it, talk about it (even if only online), i know the dates of major releases of the year and i know a good game when i see one, no matter what it looks like on the outside...

Regular people dont work that way.

They have a set of thoughts about gaming, unique and hard to change, that are nothing like our own thoughts.

Oh man.

I can't even comment on that. That's the funniest thing I've read all year.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Sean Malstrom placed a good option... by removing Wii Sports from the package and seel the system with no game at all, now that Wii Sport Resort is out

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/rumor-wiis-price-drop/

Around the Network

I don't think this is true, they will first wait and see what NSMBWii will do for it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

You people actually READ KOTAKU?

They steal there news from everyone else!

wait wait wait

YES the Wii is selling well and is not "domed"

but perhaps, Ninty wants it to sell even more : pricedrop needed !!!

Time to Work !

the_bloodwalker said:

Sean Malstrom placed a good option... by removing Wii Sports from the package and seel the system with no game at all, now that Wii Sport Resort is out

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/rumor-wiis-price-drop/

remove W Sport

put W SportRessort

drop by 50$

DOMINATING

Time to Work !

The fact that we're even doubting a price cut rumor 3 years after its release is proof that the Wii is the most successful gaming system ever created, and will eventually destroy even the mighty DS.